Show off your reskins!

Here's a little snippet of info from Wikipedia:

The Vietnam War (Vietnamese: Chiến tranh Việt Nam), also known as the Second Indochina War,[36] and also known in Vietnam as Resistance War Against America (Vietnamese: Kháng chiến chống Mỹ) or simply the American War, was a Cold War-era proxy war[37] that occurred in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia from 1 November 1955[A 1] to the fall of Saigon on 30 April 1975.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War

Amtrakwannabee, check your facts and wording before you try to correct others, as it was very much a war against the US, and a time when a lot of American lives were lost overseas.

Last edited:
Virginia And Truckee 29

ac21a4a70c638234499c681e155f8c14.png

Their lease was up I think.
The FEC SD70M-2's had bad mechanical problems. The CITX units expired, and as far as the 100-107 goes, I'm not sure. The SD70's and SD40's (minus 711 and 715 who both work the Port of Miami Local) were all leased to other railroads. FEC owned the SD40's and FURX owned the SD70's. SD40's are said to come back to FEC sometime in the winter, and then work all the other freights. FEC is going to be getting tons and tons and tons of new trains (as far as 30 new scheduled trains) and they only have about 24 units to move the current traffic. Put 2 and 2 together, and they aren't going to have enough power to move 38 trains (8 original ones and 30 new ones). They own about 30-40 GP's in total, 16 SD40-2's, and 24 ES44's. Try adding the 20 or so locals, and it ain't going to work. I have no idea if the 104-107 are coming back, but I was told that 100-103 are not. Note that the 104-107 still say FEC on the side.

Here's a little snippet of info from Wikipedia:

The Vietnam War (Vietnamese: Chiến tranh Việt Nam), also known as the Second Indochina War,[36] and also known in Vietnam as Resistance War Against America (Vietnamese: Kháng chiến chống Mỹ) or simply the American War, was a Cold War-era proxy war[37] that occurred in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia from 1 November 1955[A 1] to the fall of Saigon on 30 April 1975.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War

Amtrakwannabee, check your facts and wording before you try to correct others, as it was very much a war against the US, and a time when a lot of American lives were lost overseas.

I know Vinnie personally... And I understand it was a tough time, the Department of Defense says the war started in 1965 though.

A lot of my fellow Vets that I sit with in the waiting room at the VA would disagree.

I was just at joint base Langley-Eustis today with some Vietnam veterans including my granddad, you can disagree, but the DoD says the war started in 1965 for one reason, March 1965 was the first ground offensive, where 2,500 U.S. Marines were put into combat, by December of 1965 200,000 troops were in Vietnam. Now, I am not going to let this burn any more because war is such a controversial topic and I don't really want to have a three page argument over when the war started.

Thank you to all current soldiers fighting to keep our country safe and all the former soldiers who kept us safe today!
17742417642_25a4d18563.jpg

Yes I spent the day at Ft Eustis with my granddad.

Just because the USA officially entered the war in 1965, that doesn't mean that was when it started. We sent "advisors" over there right after it started in '55 to aid Southern Vietnam, and many of these aforementioned advisors were shipped over there with a rifle in hand.

Back