Selecting an entire board

Thierry_St_Malo

Hi, all!
I'm using TRS2006 and in Surveyor (Tools | copy paste) I want to copy and paste somewhere else the entire content of a given board. How can I do that?
Thanks,
Thierry

I have done this before, you simply zoom out as far as you can and carefully guide the white dotted line, starting and ending place most important.

Placing a distinctive tree or sign or something in diagonally opposite corner 'squares' of the board required will make selecting the correct area easier...

Hi, all!
I'm using TRS2006 and in Surveyor (Tools | copy paste) I want to copy and paste somewhere else the entire content of a given board. How can I do that?
Thanks,
Thierry

I'm not sure of what you are trying to do. Using the copy tools you can copy and paste the shape of the land, objects and ground textures. If this is what you want then the answers above are what you need. It also helps to add this line to your trainzoptions.txt file:

-surveyorfov=95

This will give you a wider field of view in surveyor to make drawing out the box easier. Reset it to normal by setting the value to 55.

This does not copy track or trackside objects though.

William

Placing a distinctive tree or sign or something in diagonally opposite corner 'squares' of the board required will make selecting the correct area easier...

Andy, that's a fine idea; I'm not surprised I never thought of it!

Hi Euphod,

If you also need the splines & trackside stuff, another way would be perhaps to do the following:-
  • Load up the route with the board you want.
  • delete all the boards except the one you want
  • "Save As" this single board; as a new single-board route.
    Named to suit.
  • exit the route without saving changes!
  • Load up the route you want to add that board's stuff to, then
    move to where you want the board's stuff to go.
  • Now select 'merge' from the drop-down menu, & select the newly-named single-board route; to merge that.
  • Using map mode (or view), find the board & move it to where you want it. I hope it's facing the right way 'round!.
This way you get everything that is on the board you are 'copying' from. Splines & all.

Back