Searching for a Amtrak Engine

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a "Amtrak Genesis K5LA v2 engine." K5LA is the horn Amtrak uses on all it's Genesis Series locomotives, I'm not sure what you mean by "v2". However if you pop over to www.amtraktrainz.com we have a ever Amtrak Genesis version available.

peter

Hello, it is in fact a horn sound and not an engine. I have not released it to the public yet because of beta testing. Once I release it, your grandson will be able to use it.

HOw do you "pop on over and download? Do I do this from Trainz? Otherwise, where do I save download. - to what file?

You do it in content manager...
which you can find by clicking content in ts 12. Then search p42 and download an amtrak P42 (Genesis K5LA Engine).
Perrock, I don't know if new members are quite ready for third party websites. Maybe wait until they get an avatar, or a sig, or a custom user title, or something...
but you're more experienced than I am so if you think otherwise, I don't care...

Last edited:
Hi gwenstyron, if you go to the HP Trainz website you can download the Marias Pass Route (MPRX} this comes with a pair of Amtrak F40 locos, which are excellent. This is a great route, with lots of operating potential. It is payware and am not sure if these locos are what you are after. Hope this info is of some use.

Perrock, I don't know if new members are quite ready for third party websites. Maybe wait until they get an avatar, or a sig, or a custom user title, or something...
but you're more experienced than I am so if you think otherwise, I don't care...

I guess I'm to old, when I started we didn't have a thing called "Content Manager". People just want everything handed to them these days. back when I started instead of just saying "oh that's to hard for someone new", we would teach them how to do it.

Basically to install any content not downloaded thru Content Manager. you download the file from the website, double click on it & it'll automatically install it where it needs to be, couldn't be simpler! If the asset is missing content (and this happens when downloading off the DLS as well sometimes) you'll see a yellow puzzle piece next to it in Content Manager, right click on the item and select "download" it'll then search the DLS for the missing dependancies.

the losing hope for society side of PerRock
(and the stealing ideas for post closings from Zato side of PerRock)

Back