Screenshots of European Trains

464852.jpg

520151.jpg

Zoagli station, Liguria, North West Italy.

Here’s the latest work in progress on my Italian route with a comparative real image. I’ve completed the northeastern section of the station which is built on a viaduct. The beach below and the rest of the surrounding terrain needs a bit more detailed work prior to completion.

The assets were easily found. They are all built in, DLS or third party. I‘m tempted to try once again to get some of my own gmax creations into game. Then I could make more accurate buildings. It’s a question of mustering up the mental energy to overcome my failings and phobia of anything to do with the technical side of computing.

Meanwhile kitbashing it is! Finding a reasonable match is not too difficult with such a fantastic and wide range of objects.

I’m eternally grateful for the sharing of all of these fine pieces of work from the asset creators. It is always a great pleasure to choose, use and assemble the pieces into a satisfying new part of my route.

Cheers
Casper

5986e35b.jpg~original

28dedd37.jpg~original

Last edited:
Which is the photo?

Amazing Caspar.

I took a while to work out which was the photo & which was your creation. Very clever work.
Loving Italy as I do(my daughter lives there) I'm looking forward to the day that you might release your work. I have been following your beautiful screenshots very closely.
Unfortunately I don't have the skills to produce routes & scenery, but very much enjoy the skills that yourself & others bring to this game. Fredo is another. I also love France when on my way to Italy.
Congratulations & please keep going.

David

@ denis73
@ Tinotos
@ creditonian

Thank you so much for your kind words.

With regard to releasing the route that is a remote possibility at present.

I’ve learnt a few new Surveyor skills over the three years I’ve had Trainz. Looking back on earlier bits of the Liguria route I now think that some of the early sections look a bit toy like, so I’m backtracking and rebuilding parts of it. I’m also retexturing a lot of my early landscaping so that it all looks real and not like a checkerboard.

Zoagli station is one example where I’ve substituted an early fictitious station with a prototypical one. It’s worked out quite well with trains running very smoothly.

The biggest hurdle is the amount of detail I’ve incorporated elsewhere. Earlier parts of the route now stutter quite badly by comparison, so need a thin out.

The Zoagli screenshot is about right with a good balance of assets whilst retaining good performance, but I’ve also built Camogli which does cause a problem. I now know which bits can be removed/replaced without compromising too much realism, but it’s going to take a bit of time to get to do all the work.

I have one non-prototypical station, several baseboards (and many months) distant, which is surrounded by animated assets and detailed houses.

Those houses have gardens, those gardens have spline walls, many trees and flower pots. That scenario is repeated across nearly the whole town.
The town has a port, the port is full of high poly boats etc...well you get the idea. The route is a slideshow at that point. All part of the learning process though.

I’ll keep plugging away. It may be a while though!

Thanks again for your words of encouragement.

Cheers
Casper
:)

Last edited:
Me thinks he got a lot of the stuff you see on TrainzItalia.com. I suggest you get a lifetime gold subscription, its well worth the money(especially if you loose content in computer problems and have to reformat). It's a great website. I'm sure Casper will give you the exact whereabouts of the stuff is located though.

You don't need gold subscription to download their older stuff, which is displayed in Mezzopresso's screenshot. Just need to register. Then navigate to "Free Downloads-Classic" page.

@zieba111

Your route is amazing, i like alot your style, how long is it/how long do you estimate it will be?

Thx okhiu :)

my map will be published spring 2012, before Euro2012 (the biggest soccer championship in Europe, which will be held in Poland and Ukraine).

Route Lublin - Dorohusk is a small part of international line between Warszawa (Warsaw) and Kijów (Kiev) :D, where will be soccer matches in Euro2012!

Everyone could simulate passanger trains with soccer fans on this route! :p

The last screens show small private line LW Bogdanka from Jaszczów (PKP station on Lublin - Dorohusk electrified line) to Puchaczów (coal mine Bogdanka).

Image removed. ~snip~ ...where did you get the buildings, trains, station, overhead wires and buildings, and the station sign from Zoagli??

Cheers

Jamie

As already stated by our fellow members, most of the assets that you have asked about in that screenshot were from TrainzItalia.

The site has changed a bit since I downloaded the items two and a half years ago, but as far as I know they are all still available.

There are too many to list, but here are a few examples, which will give you the creator’s kuid and some of the Italian descriptions:

Buildings:
Edificio 32 M > kuid2:138607:25032:1
Caseggiato populare ’30 > kuid:57230:28441

Church:
Chiesetta_07_lontana > kuid:69038:27227:1

Many of the Mediterranean trees came from the same site:
Pino marittimo2 20m 2005 > kuid:146087:27095

Renameable station signs:
Cartellone Stazione 1 Braccio > kuid2:75359:23007:1 (That’s the single sided/illuminated version)
Cartellone Stazione 2 Bracci > kuid2:75359:23008:1 (...double sided/illuminated version)

The catenary in the shot is a spline.
Catenaria FS 25m (S - 2b – Pol) > Kuid:81791:37922
It is quick and easy to lay. As with any spline, the poles don’t always go where you want them – it depends on how many spline points you put in, where you place them and how far they are stretched. This is evident if you look closely at the last double decker carriage! I should have adjusted it before taking the screenshot.

However, for more accurate work there is a catenary kit made by the same author which has separate poles, gantries, cross bars, insulators, wires, counterweights etc., to enable you to achieve prototype results. Constructing the parts take some working out, and they are a bit fiddly to place. That’s because some items are objects, some are splines and some (such as the overhead cross bars) are made using invisible track. It took me ages to find it in the track flyout! This can cause some grief when placing, but once you get the hang of it the results are, I think, well worth it.

Regarding the station in Zoagli, that was kitbashed by using a building from TrainzItalia (you might need to look at Rossano’s items to find it) Stabile FS > kuid2:53261:25094:1. The platform was not from TrainzItalia. It is one of Vendel’s FMA splines. I cannot remember where I got that one. Try the DLS or FMA items here: http://www.spaintrainzrutas.com/fmasplin.html I might have got it from PTT. The one I’ve used is FMA Platform 1 5 - 5 > kuid2:149987:62116:1

The train in Zoagli:
The loco is in two parts (I’ve no idea why).
FS 656 268 A > kuid:28004:110201
FS 656 268 B > kuid:28004:110203

You can get if from here: http://download.amicitreni.eu/index...sID=4b5c660b7eeadf96eae3548f68964214&start=10 (currently on page 3)

The wagons are:
FS Carro F 2 > kuid:28004:71168 (as above, but on page 5)
FS Hbillns > kuid:143205:15162 (TrainzItalia)

Cheers
Casper

Last edited:
Mezzoprezzo, beautiful screenshots again, I simply love Your landscapes :)

Here are 2 screens from the world of Hungarian State Railways:

At the entrance areal of a big station
sura12.jpg

Industrial scenery
sura10.jpg

Have a nice day yet!
Sura
:wave:

Hi Sura.

Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.

That second urban shot of yours is a real winner!

Had that been in the latest Screenshot of the Week competition I very much doubt that there would be extended tie-breaker voting right now.

Cheers
Casper
:)

Back