Screenshot of The Week: September 7 to September 14 2014 (Vintage)

Hi Rick,

I'm afraid you might be right! The route is one I downloaded from the DLS and it's very lovely and I'd rather not modify it, and I'd hate to change my shot this far after I entered this one....but thanks for bringing the mistake to everyone's attention! :D

There's not too much competition this week so I don't think a few default baseboard lines will affect too much...:hehe:

Hi Jjanmarine,

Here's the original, full colour shot as requested. I'm not entering this one of course but it's here for you to see:

Kieran.

Thanks ! Both cool shots , as are the rest of them. The guys are really stepping out.

817TAYLOR_20140323_0004_zpsedcd7d11.jpg

Here's one from me.

'
SNCF vintage steam, hauling freight lakeside through the Alps.

Now active again for the northern European winter.:p

Cheers
Casper
:)

vintage2_zps3c6356f2.jpg~original

~snip~
Hey Casper, those dandelion like flowers look pretty good. Would they be small enough to use track side? I'm finding lots of great wild flowers and weeds, but they are all a little too big.

Cheers .... Rick

Hello Rick.

Thanks!

The dandelion “lookalikes” are one of the JVC series by jankvis.

JVC-Wildflowers36 Autumn Hawkbit <kuid:328583:2336>

It’s on the DLS with loads of other examples of his excellent work. Make sure TRS2004 box is checked if you want to download it.

I know what you mean regarding some of the sizing of the plants. The hawkbit asset is around one metre tall, but looks pretty good scale wise. It has a cluster of lower leaves, so you could bury some of it without losing the flower heads if the height is a problem. I don’t have a problem with that one though, although some of the others are a bit oversized.

What you can do, as I’ve done in the screenshot, is to mingle them amongst grasses to give a more natural look. I used two or three various Trunda greenery grass clumps and dropped a couple of the hawkbit wild flowers in amongst them, with no height adjustments to any of the foliage.

Cheers
Casper

Nicky you're starting to slack up a lot here lately. Don't be slacking up too much on us! :hehe:
Let's see, lots of great shots this week! My votes are:
trainboi1
ARhian7
flyboy559

Back