Screenshot of The Week: May 29 to June 5 2016 (Afterlife)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Everything has a lifespan and railroads are no exception. What's old will inevitably break down or become obsolete. What's happens next; scrapper's torch, preservation, resurrection? This week's theme is Afterlife. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on June 5 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

After being retired from the CMRR 401 has been delivered and pulls the President and CEO of the Point Jeyes Railway down to the harbour. She has been retired and lives on. Her train is an iconic mix of carriages. The combine, 726, was the taping vehicle on nearly every Southern/Norfolk Southern railtour, and the parlour car is the 200, "Splendid Spirit" from the original Freedom Train. Behind them stand Point Jeyes' restored ocean liners, the RMS Queen Mary, and behind her (flag and bow as well as 3/4 of her red funnel between QM's 1st and 2nd) the RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 (converted back to steam). Looking on is the CPR steam ferry, Princess Maugerite II. The owner (and CEO)'s Rolls Royce stands at the ready, waiting to be loaded aboard the QM for the trip to Southampton, then by 34027 or 34051 to the owner's other line near Aylesbury (where she is a Marchioness).
5b64a368147c296718009eb5dca529ba.png

Saturnr
Jacob

I am excited to be first, I have never been the first entry before!

Last edited:
An old, unused Santa Fe Caboose sits on a weed covered siding, offering shelter to some hobos who rode the rails in days gone by.

251938fcd4a7d8a3c8b67b3c3420fe89.jpg

Last edited:
Back in service after being on display at RailGiants in Pomona for more than 50 years, SP 5021 is back on the rails hauling an excursion over Tehachapi Pass. They have opened up the cylinder cocks for a photo runby. The train is running as X-2248.

c954392897732e1f3e0246a36cde6846.jpg

At the site of the tunnel disaster 50 years ago

With the subject being "Afterlife", I just couldn't resist reusing this one from Halloween 2014.

'Enjoy!

Peter.
GWR_Windrush_Halloween_2014.jpg

The Copper Creek trestle on the A&SE Maplesville branch was constructed in 1931 by the Southern railway. It, and the rest of the line was shut down in 1967, and sat in disrepair until 1991, when the A&SE bought the line and restored it all back to operating order, including a massive overhaul of the trestle. Today it is still operating after being resurrected from the dead, as seen here as A&SE train M304 rumbles across it towards Maplesville.
c9adedd7fb3438911e35b2f4807203d4.jpg

Submissions are now closed. There are 6 entries for this round so up to 1 vote is allowed. Voting will be from now until June 12, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Evidently there are a few out there with a sense of humour. My vote goes to ....

Creations_Mistral_69

I love the atmosphere and the auto coach, so I'll have to vote Peterwise.
I enjoyed the bridge Southern1581, but steam is moving, particularly my favourite company, Great Western!

Back