Screenshot of The Week: May 22 to May 29 2016 (No Theme)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

There is no theme for this week. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on May 30 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

47f95c7db6874d62a8fcfe9200c53534.png

My trainz has decided that it no longer wants to work (along with about half my other games, think this pc might be on its way out :( ) so a bit of an older shot from me today.

ae19fefd1e1ae3cb4a497c6c60dd3870.jpg

May 2013: For a run to be successful, a train must tackle and conquer all the challenges one route can provide. Rain, snow, shine, day and night, trains must consistently battle the 1.8% Diamondback pass going east from West Front, some times with help. A CN Manifest has stalled on the grade, and this pair of rent-a-wreck helpers have been dispatched to dutifully give their lives while singing their 645 songs preparing to shove at the rear of the massive manifest.

2cc168ee5c014539f1e72a57dad6bf07.jpg

Might as well enter this one as well.

A 3F Jinty with a 3 Coach Push and Pull set passes over the massive viaduct just before the abandoned station of Solway. (This is my own fictional route by the way.)

4065617c3c7843e2976928a283857685.png

End of an Operation

It is with sadness that we mourn the loss of the Catskill Mountain Railroad. Their last day of operations was the 30th of May, then the county plans to pull up the rails. Here we see the beloved ALCo RS-1, No. 401, being delivered to her new home on the Point Jeyes Railway. Point Jeyes is taking delivery of their first road diesel. Here we see the old ALCo behind one of Point Jeyes' many venerable steam engines as the train passes over the 1897 swing bridge with a PJRy caboose bringing up the markers. An engine that ended the Queen of the Shortlines (which would later be reborn) ends the career of the Catskill Mountain RR and 401, which will be reborn at PJRy. The Catskills are going back to a time before the train, a time of foot traffic and we see a steam powered paddleboat in the background, just having cleared the swing bridge before it was closed for the train.
41e68054d18324d0b3a20944fd25843a.jpg

Cheers,
Saturnr
Jacob

Last edited:
Submissions are now closed. There are 15 entries for this round so up to 3 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until June 5, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Roy3b3 [always have to vote steam, shame there's not more steam with that lighting],
Southern1581 [good luck getting T:ANE working again],
Enzo1, I love the lighting and vegetation.

Petwerwise, I love the shot, but a Kanawha and a VR D class on the same line,I just couldn't do it.

Back