Screenshot of The Week: March 1 to March 8 2015 (East Coast)

6563643530303264.jpg

Nice Greetings

Epo:)

Encounter on the East Coast Mainline (UK)

Special Steam Excursion, the two times record holding LNER Flying Scotsman with reproduction 1930s teak coaches passes a High Speed Train (HST) notably named Mallard after its steam record holding namesake (at 125.88 mph or 202.58 kph). Both the original steam locomotives were designed by Sir Nigel Gresley for the LNER.

Encounter_on_the_East_Coast_Mainline_UK.jpg

Submissions are now closed. There are 14 entries for this round so up to 3 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until March 16, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.
My apologies for the delay this week, I have an upcoming interview so naturally that takes priority above all else.

I'm glad that you have your priorities straight, Nick. Good luck with the interview.

BenjaminW
Rickf77
Epoche3bis4

There were some really great shots. Glad to see you're okay Nick, good luck.

My votes are
Stevelerro, lovin' that 614
Benjaminw, Very nice coastal setting.
Epoche3bis4, that is a great tight switching area, great use of space.

I also enjoyed Matt3985's ACL 4-6-2 at Miami, but alas I only have 3 votes. So I would say by my opinion it's a close 4th.

Saturnr

1. Stevelerro - That picture is incredible.
2. Saturnr - 'Cause it has 4501.
3. Epoche3bis4 - Impressive design. I tried to recreate that myself. Now if you release that, I'll be picking that up for sure.

Outstanding job everyone! Mine wasn't that great this week so I don't expect any votes, but good luck to everyone else!

stevelerro
Epoche3bis4
rickf77

Exceedingly hard once again to choose. Brilliant shots everyone!!!!

No particular order:
stevelerro = very powerful shot of the loco - wonderful
rickf77 = the steamer in the background has really set the scene with the locos - very cool
boc61 = nicely put together and atmospheric

Voting is now closed. Thank you all for participating.

10 stevelerro
8 rickf77
8 epoche3bis4
4 benjaminw
3 arhian7
1 saturnr
1 boc61
1 amtrakwannabe

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Back