Screenshot of The Week: June 3 to June 10 2014 (Grades)

I'm not at home at the moment, but I already have a plan what to build if we talk about grade .. challange accepted ;-)

trainz_2014_06_07_18_56_38_62_by_viennachan-d7lgdoz.jpg

3 railroads, 4 paint schemes. A BNSF manifest begins it's transition from down-grade to up-grade as another BNSF train slows to give way to an opposing train that's not far away.

9b9e21ba4df43012aaf61653e1a59894.jpg

9Fs 92216 and 92113 breath a sigh of relief, pulling a heavy freight train to Leeds, as they hit Ais Gil summit with 4f 44276 banking on the back while 5MT 45033, ready to take the empties in tow, waits for for Duchess 46236 'City of Bradford' hauls it's train to Carlisle over the crest. (Yes, I like back stories!)

Last edited:
LMS 0-10-0 Big Bertha banks a Heavy Coronation Scot up the Lickey Incline

The Lickey Incline between on the Midland Railway Bromsgrove and Blackwell is (according to Wikipedia) "the steepest sustained main-line railway incline in Great Britain. The climb is a gradient of 1-in-37.7 (2.65%) for a continuous distance of two miles (3.2 km)". A hard day's work!
Big_Bertha_CScot_on_Lickey.jpg

Nicky, do you think you could help me get my picture to show up? I swear this computer hates me :/

Nicky, do you think you could help me get my picture to show up? I swear this computer hates me :/

You can simply put a link there. If I can see the image on the site you link to, I can embed it for you.

Conrail45
Timothetoolman
Stevelerro

Back