Screenshot of The Week: June 15 to June 22 2014 (No Theme)

Good Afternoon All
Please keep your posts on-topic. It is not appropriate to 'evaluate' other's posts, nor is it appropriate to state that a post is 'disqualified'. At this time, the screenshot of the week competition is being run by Nicky9499 who has the final say on screenshots being disqualified based on rule(s) outlined in the first post.

As it stands, we see no issue with edited screenshots being shown in the competitions, it's up to the voters to vote for those they think are the best. We will display the winner in the newsletter irrespective of it being edited or not. If you think an image isn't appropriate, it is your decision to not vote for them. Again, it is not appropriate to attack people for the contents of their screenshots.

Regards

Peterwise
Kingstonflyer

And the third would have to be a tie between Rick77 and Epo. Both shots are great and trade off strengths to me.....

Lots of great pics again....

Falcus

As it stands, we see no issue with edited screenshots being shown in the competitions

In that case, the competition title should be renamed to "Trainz Image of the Week." The "screenshot" terminology is the source of the controversy in the community.

I haven't seen any public controversy over it. Edited screenshots have been allowed since the beginning of SSOTW. And if we compare it to most professional photographic contests, almost all of those photographs have been edited in one way or another; yet they're still called photography contests.

peter

That's not really a debate. It's basically just you saying 'make it my way' and everyone else just saying "if you don't like it, don't vote for it" (I'm dumbing it way down).

peter

On top of that, it isn't that hard to edit images. Just get a Photobucket account, upload your image there, and use their tools to edit the screenshot. It's that simple.

That's not really a debate. It's basically just you saying 'make it my way' and everyone else just saying "if you don't like it, don't vote for it" (I'm dumbing it way down).

peter

Peter my polite redirection agrees with many folks trying not to pollute this screenshot thread with that discussion.

In that case, the competition title should be renamed to "Trainz Image of the Week." The "screenshot" terminology is the source of the controversy in the community.

Please shut up, learn photoshop, or just go away. The only person who's causing controversy is YOU. If you're jealous that other people are winning screenshot of the week and not you, it's because your screenshots are rubbish to begin with. Outdated routes and assets with low quality content. Oh, by the way, photoshop won't be able to fix a crap screenshot. It only enhances the screenshots that look realistic anyway

Please shut up, learn photoshop, or just go away.

I did go away to the other thread made to discuss this. At this point this thread is only supposed to be voting, not sending hate posts.

The only person who's causing controversy is YOU.

You and I know that is bunk since we both participate in the break-off thread established by Nicky, in progress with 35 posts with several community members with several good points.

If you're jealous that other people are winning screenshot of the week and not you, it's because your screenshots are rubbish to begin with. Outdated routes and assets with low quality content.

Look at post #43, the moderator just stated thats not what to do: "...it is not appropriate to attack people for the contents of their screenshots." Are you knowledgeable enough on me or my basis to suggest that "if?"

Oh, by the way, photoshop won't be able to fix a crap screenshot. It only enhances the screenshots that look realistic anyway

Its all in the other thread my friend.

Don't know what that last post was about,simply don't care,if you boys wan't to have a bitch at each other,go find another fourm to do it on,not cool airing your **** here.time to grow up or piss off your call.

my top three for this week

rbar_164
Epochie3bis4(the master)
nicky9499

Don't know what that last post was about,simply don't care,if you boys wan't to have a bitch at each other,go find another fourm to do it on,not cool airing your **** here.time to grow up or piss off your call.

Ironically "the last post was about" exactly what you advised.

Note: At the moment of my voting, the screenshot of Dragonharh was no longer visible.

My votes:

Exile499
rickf77
rbar_164

Good day all: Could somebody refresh my memory? Was Dragon's shot of a blue loco, sort of head on? I THINK it was there when I voted. I'm sure I would have picked the same three shots....not that there was anything wrong with D's.

Cheers....Rick

Good day all: Could somebody refresh my memory? Was Dragon's shot of a blue loco, sort of head on? I THINK it was there when I voted. I'm sure I would have picked the same three shots....not that there was anything wrong with D's.

Cheers....Rick

My notes say D's had very realistic foreground grass and foliage. The detail was excellent as well, there was criss-crossed cracked ground in the very foreground that was light grey in color with grass coming up through the cracks. Don't remember the loco, but I think it was sort of head-on.

Back