Screenshot of the Week: End 8-28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can not see how just an additional thread in the thread list could be annoying just because it was bumped. It does not really make much sense to me. If the date on the thread was yesterday, I am sure that few of you would care. What's the difference? If you don't like it, ignore it.

Last edited:
Hi Retro.

I guess my gripe is the confusion it might cause regarding the regular Screenshot of the Week competition.

It can be difficult enough with three threads (legitimately) running concurrently, i.e. current week’s entries, last week’s voting posts and the results from the previous week. We sometimes see entries, or voting, misplaced.

Old SSOTW threads appearing at random just serve to further confuse the situation. The post about the broken link wasn’t necessary IMHO. It could have been dealt with by a PM.

It just seems to me to be an "up post count" thing.

Cheers
Casper
(Now off to place another dunny in Surveyor!):D

I was aiming at the general no-bumping "rule" that so much of the community seems to believe in. I would agree, though, that in the case of old Screenshot of the Week threads, it could be an issue. Note to self: be clear about what yer aimin' at next time! :eek:

Regards,

Retro.

I was aiming at the general no-bumping "rule" that so much of the community seems to believe in. I would agree, though, that in the case of old Screenshot of the Week threads, it could be an issue. Note to self: be clear about what yer aimin' at next time! :eek:

Regards,

Retro.
Retro's earlyer Post really made sense here!:
"I really can not see how just an additional thread in the thread list could be annoying just because it was bumped. It does not really make much sense to me. If the date on the thread was yesterday, I am sure that few of you would care. What's the difference? If you don't like it, ignore it."
(If anybody wonders why i keep bumping threads,it can be solved by reading my Join date muddle up Note Note that i just copied and pasted here just for Notice
(The Join date is wrong.2010 was the my first time on the DLS,NOT on the Forum)
Here is also why i bump threads
1:I cant read someones mind if its anoyinng or not.
2:I havnt EVER heard of thread bumping
3:I Havnt Seen Rule Talking about thread bumping so
4:Why mention thread bumping when it also insults the Bumper himself?!i mean,Cant you just awnser the Question even if i(Or other thread bumpers that dont know about me)enter unexpectedly!honestly you are not CCTV Cameras or Policemen!
5:Thankyou steve but this Link leads to the Cab forward Linked to Lilb's Site where i cant find it in the Download section.

Locked to prevent confusion with the current screenshot of the week threads.

@tikkamassala

Please do not bump old threads to simply say a link is dead. This is not adding to the discussion, and can really clutter up the forums (imagine if this happened with even just 5-10 threads in a forum section, you would begin to get lost on what is current, and what isn't).

If you are adding something to the discussion (E.g. providing new info on a topic, or answering/assisting with a research question), then there's no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back