Scenic Signals

jellicoe

He Who Playz-With-Trainz
If I were to say that I principally use TRS06 to replicate a model railway layout - whether to prove a proposed design or enjoy other people's toys - I am sure that I would not find myself alone. However, this aspect of Trainzing brings with it a number of problems not least of which is signalling the layout. Those of you who create "full size" routes will know how difficult it can be to get the signals to work properly but the problem is much worse with "model" railways.

These are anything but prototypical; they are compact, squeezed, compromized, over-endowed with facilities and cursed with very short block sections. Signalling them is a nightmare and consequently most layouts have a few signal scattered around for the sake of appearances and few can boast working signals at all. Nevertheless, railway modellers can develop the eye to see past all these inaccuracies and most layouts operate on the "one engine in steam" principal where a single locomotive will be under the control of the operator and anything else that is moving is either shuttling backwards and forwards on its own track or running around a continuous loop. In no case will any train meet another.

So, I would be happy with non-working scenic signals and would like to know if there is any way that I can disable the superb examples to be found on the DLS so that they just sit there at clear or danger, never moving, never blinking and never bringing driver commands to a halt.

Yes. You can lay a piece of Invisible track a foot or two to the left of the "real" track and attach the Signal to that.It"ll happily stay at red forever.If you want the Signal to permantly show Green you have to attach an Invisible Bufferstop beyond the Signal and attach a 1 m Spacer before the Signal.Then it"ll stay Green.In Driver all you will see is the Signal apparently doing its job..:cool:

Yes. You can lay a piece of Invisible track a foot or two to the left of the "real" track and attach the Signal to that.It"ll happily stay at red forever.If you want the Signal to permantly show Green you have to attach an Invisible Bufferstop beyond the Signal and attach a 1 m Spacer before the Signal.Then it"ll stay Green.In Driver all you will see is the Signal apparently doing its job..:cool:

Now that is a neat idea, thanks !

Guess I'm even denser than usual today... What's a '1 m Spacer'? :confused: Would love to try this out and have just the spot for it.

Thanks,
Lamont

Hi there.A 1 m Spacer is (or acts as) an Invisible Locomotive.In Surveyor it shows up as a purple line.Its made by Cyberstorm and is on the DLS.The Invisible Bufferstop is actually caled a Prellbock (Scharniter or something like that).If you look for Prellbock you"ll find it.I"ve recently lost all Content on my PC or I would tell you the KUID.

Oh and..When you get the 1 m Spacer it"ll appear in Railyard and Trains (in Surveyor).Also don"t forget that Trainz AI still needs Signals of some type to function.You can attach an Invisible Signal to the "real " track (not the Invisible Track) and it will help your AI Drivers do their job..:cool:

Hi there.A 1 m Spacer is (or acts as) an Invisible Locomotive.In Surveyor it shows up as a purple line.Its made by Cyberstorm and is on the DLS.The Invisible Bufferstop is actually caled a Prellbock (Scharniter or something like that).If you look for Prellbock you"ll find it.I"ve recently lost all Content on my PC or I would tell you the KUID.

Thanks! Now it all makes sense--have to try it soon.

--Lamont

Back