S2.0 Question

brucem56

Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct forum, apologies if not.

I purchased Trainz Platinum when it first came out. A few days ago I purchased a Trainz Plus Gold Membership.

My question, probably a simple one, is if I start a new route inS2.0 is automatically 3D or do I have to set something before hand to make it 3D?

Thanks for any/all help.

Appreciated
Bruce

My question, probably a simple one, is if I start a new route inS2.0 is automatically 3D or do I have to set something before hand to make it 3D?

If by "3D" you actually mean "HD" (High Definition) then that is only available as an option in Trainz Plus (Gold and standard) when using Surveyor 2.0. It is built into S2.0 and nothing additional is needed.

There is a guide to setting up HD baseboards on the Trainz Wiki at How_to_Use_S20_Tools#Managing_Baseboards but there are important limitations and restrictions to using HD terrain.

DotPoint.JPG
a HD route can be at least 5x the file size of a 10m resolution route. This could easily push a large route over the limit (1GB) for saving as a .cdp file.
DotPoint.JPG
HD routes have a limit of 16 different ground textures per baseboard but each baseboard can have a different set of 16 textures. This is a limitation caused by hardware, not software and is common to all games/sims that use HD or its equivalent
DotPoint.JPG
If more than 16 textures are used in a single HD baseboard then any additional textures you try to apply will be replaced by one of those already present in that baseboard
DotPoint.JPG
It is NOT recommended that you mix HD baseboards with 5m/10m baseboards in the same route

Back