S&DJR buildings released recently.

Alfredthelner

I noticed that PortLineParker has released some S&DJR buildings (specifically for Bath Green Park) on the DLS recently.
Could this mean that a possible S&DJR route or at least Bath Green Park route is being made?
I've always wished that a proper S&DJR route coud be made for Trainz. (Just hope that if there is one being made if it's Trainz 19 SP3 compatible)
image.png

Hi,

Thanks for the interest. Yes I am planning the S&D from Bath Green Park to Bournemouth West, in collaboration with another user.

It will be DEM and won't (initially at least) include the branches to Burnham on Sea or Highbridge but there is nothing to show yet as the DEM is still being produced (it's quite a large route!) so I've been working on and uploading some suitable models, namely those that you have seen above. Unfortunately, I work in Trainz+ Gold so it will be designed for that version which I think at the minute is build 5.4, but considering Swanage took 5 years to build and this is 6.5 times bigger altogether we'll probably be on build 34 by the time it is released!

There's no other progress at the minute as I am currently working on an update to Swanage as well as another route, the Foxfield Railway, on behalf of 2995valliant but once work does commence I'll no doubt be posting images on the UK screenshots thread.

Cheers,

PLP

Interesting! There's been a recent release of a S&DJR layout by Halfwolf, it's on the DLS, uploaded on January 4th. I think you may have a rival, PLP!

Rob.

I'll confess I haven't come across that route, though the one that I'll be developing will be to the same HD standard as Swanage and Foxfield, so it certainly isn't going to be a quick one.

Interest in the S&D is always good though!

Cheers,

PLP

Back