Russel Plow Action...Pushed by a Mastodon!!!

sawyer811

MKT Forever and always
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGYJRsiuHEM&feature=related

Two things popped into my head simultaneously when I saw this: the first was, "Man, this is awesome!" immediately followed by, "I wonder if Strasburg would let me borrow this next time it snows: I could use that to plow my driveway" :hehe:

Also, a little later I thought "Hmm, Norfolk and Western 475 sounds angry, as in, 'really, I'm 100 years old and you make me get out in the cold and the snow to do this job?! Jeez, can't you just get the Canadian [CNR 2-6-0 No. 89] to do this! The wierdo loves snow anyway!"

Thanks for posting the video! What a nice job it did too, plenty of torque to conquer the snow!

Yeah, I stumbled onto it while youtube surfing. I love how 475 gets a good stack talk on her several times; shows you just hwo hard she's working, even thought it seems like she does it breathlessly. My favorite part is when they hit that big drift in the cutting (I think it's in a cutting) and the spotter in the Russel's cupola is calling, "Three carlenghts, one car length, you're right in it" and there's a big explosion of flying snow. If only we could do that in Trainz :D

cool video. Strasburg Railroad is one of my favorite places in the world. The first time I went, I was 2.

Last edited:
Back