Running Trainz 2010 on a Apple?

sla31

Hello All,

I just joined the forum, as I want to buy Trainz 2010, but I have only Apple computers.

Back a long time ago I used to have only PCs and had Trainz04 and Trainz06, but gave up on the series when I switched to Mac.

I recently got a email talking about Trainz10 and my interest was re-sparked. I have a 15" MacBook Pro with a 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, and 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 memory. I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.6.

I also run Windows XP through Boot Camp.

My question is simple.

Is there a way I can run Trainz10 through the Max OS X system? Or will I have to run it through the Windows side using Boot Camp.

I also PMed this question to amigacooke as he seemed to be both a Trainz and Mac fan.

Any help would be appreciated, as I'd love to get into Trainz again without having to buy a PC :p

The best thing to do is wait, as according to one of the recent newsletters, a Trainz version for Mac is being made although it will mean another purchase.

Shane

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

The best thing to do is wait, as according to one of the recent newsletters, a Trainz version for Mac is being made although it will mean another purchase.

Shane

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the info Shane.

I haven't bought Trainz10 yet as I was hoping there was some way to use it on my Mac and not the PC side.

Do you by any chance have that newsletter still? If you do I'd appreciate it if you could email it to me. Would that be possible?

Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited:
Well that's good news in the newsletter.

I wonder if it would be better to run Trainz10 through Windows or wait to see what the Mac version is.

I just don't see a Mac version that is going to be in the App store being the same height as the PC version. I don't know maybe it will be. Usually stuff sold in the App store of a larger product are smaller versions of the product.

The reason why I said for you to remove your email address from your post is to reduce the chance of a spam bot getting your address and you ending up with loads of spam (this part of the forums can be read without logging in, so a spam bot would not have any trouble harvesting email addresses)

Shane

The reason why I said for you to remove your email address from your post is to reduce the chance of a spam bot getting your address and you ending up with loads of spam (this part of the forums can be read without logging in, so a spam bot would not have any trouble harvesting email addresses)

Shane

Ah. Got ya. Wouldn't want that. :eek:

So the basic answer is no. I can't run Trainz10 in my Mac OS X operating system. I need to either wait for the Mac version or run it through the PC side using Boot Camp.

Correct - AFAIK I'm not aware of anyone who has got it to run on Mac OS without using either Boot Camp or Parallels (both of which require a copy of Windows to install)

Shane

I already have Windows XP installed on my Apple in case I come across programs I need to use on a PC. It happens a lot in college classes. So it was mainly a question of do I really have to use the PC side. :D

You only need to if you decide to run the PC version of Trainz.

As stated above, there will hopefully be a Mac version soon.

Shane

Back