Route is "Faulty"

I have a route I have been working on for years. I had it saved to a CMP. When I installed TrainZ 12 on a new computer, my route was missing dependencies, but it worked. Then, I downloaded the missing dependencies, and it no longer works. The content manager says it is "Faulty." The error I get reads: Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'jib228_20110224_0002.jpg'.

Is there anything I can do to make this route work again?

Thank you
Dean

I have a route I have been working on for years. I had it saved to a CMP. When I installed TrainZ 12 on a new computer, my route was missing dependencies, but it worked. Then, I downloaded the missing dependencies, and it no longer works. The content manager says it is "Faulty." The error I get reads: Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'jib228_20110224_0002.jpg'.

Is there anything I can do to make this route work again?

You can create an image file with that name and add it to the asset.

Or open the asset for editing in Explorer and remove the line from config.txt that refers to this file. Then open the route and create a new icon for it.

Builder Bob, when you say to create an image file and add it to the asset, how do I do that? In what directory?

From the launcher screen select Content. Type the name of the route in the search pane text box, and select the route when it appears in the list (the route, not one of the sessions). Right click and select Edit / Edit in Explorer. Add the image file to the folder that opens (something like ....\N3V Games\TS12\UserData\editing\<route name>).

The JPG image file should be 240 pixels wide by 180 pixels high.

In content manager, select the asset and right click then Edit / Commit.

Start Surveyor, select the route, find a nice view, select Main Menu / Edit Route and then Set Thumbnail.

Last edited:
Back