REALLY old US Ball Signal

Wow thats pretty old! I guess thats what the term "1189 highball north" comes from at the railroad museum. Oh, how I long to hear that again!!!

lol i'd asked if any content creator could actually make this years ago when I was creating my TTT&C route.

Randall:D:D:D

"Merry Christmas to All"

I've seen this signal in real life. Sadly Pan Am has closed one of the lines at Whitefield Jct. I hope should they decide to abandon anything else up there, that someone will come along and save the signal from destruction.

Pan Am sucks the way they rip up tracks and discourage business from their lines. They are a sore point up here in New England with the way they destroyed the B&M and MEC.

John

Isn't it strange how most of the signals there look like British Semaphore Signals? I guess that was a very good system...:p

Joke:hehe:

Actually when I rode the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner from Santa Barabra to San Diego, CA I paled around with the conductor and on the little radio thing he always said something like:

"Looks like we got everyone on. Highball Amtrak 7-7-4!" and then you hear to blasts of the horn in acknowledgement and ur off.

I believe riding the Regional I have heard it a few times too.

Davis

Isn't it strange how most of the signals there look like British Semaphore Signals? I guess that was a very good system...:p

Joke:hehe:

No joke really. The New England railroads were an early edition to our landscape. They came in the early 1830s right after the first real railroads were built in England so I'm sure there's a lot of influence.

John

Actually when I rode the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner from Santa Barabra to San Diego, CA I paled around with the conductor and on the little radio thing he always said something like:

"Looks like we got everyone on. Highball Amtrak 7-7-4!" and then you hear to blasts of the horn in acknowledgement and ur off.

I believe riding the Regional I have heard it a few times too.

Davis

This is where the railroads got the terminology from that is still used today.

It's pretty interesting, isn't it?

John

Back