Question for Michael Whiteley

Padster

Returned...
Hello Michael, I downloaded your Blackpool 167 today and it really is a fantastic little tram. I also used the trolley pole with it, and spent ages re-aligning my overhead so that the pole runs along it neatly. The problem occurs when I drive the tram in Driver: after a few yards the pole separates from the tram and causes a de-railment. How can I fix this?

Also, is there a way to turn the pole round at the end of the line? If not, are there any scissors-type bow collectors that can be fitted to your tram?

Thanks for your help.
Best wishes,
Padster

Download and use the "Reverse Tram" rule. It will lower the trolley pole (where there is separate one - if it's got a bow collector, it will stay raised), turn the tram around and the trolley pole will re-engage.

Cheers,
Dreadnought1

Hello Michael, I downloaded your Blackpool 167 today and it really is a fantastic little tram. I also used the trolley pole with it, and spent ages re-aligning my overhead so that the pole runs along it neatly. The problem occurs when I drive the tram in Driver: after a few yards the pole separates from the tram and causes a de-railment. How can I fix this?

Snip

Thanks for your help.
Best wishes,
Padster

Yes that is due to the points. Not sure what you call them, detection markers? Where other trains meat up with it. Anyway one of them is too close to 0 (center of the tram) Nothing you can do but the update may fix it...I remember Silversmith telling me this. :)

Cheers,
Mike

It's a long time since I tried, but I seem to remember being able to get away with using one of Silversmiths trolleypoles on the 167. It didn't look perfect, but it might tide you over while Mike does the update.

Paul

Back