Purchase questions??

epauldc29

I found a version of Trainz at Bestbuy "Trainz Railroad Simulator - Windows " Release Date: 11/16/2007

I would buy it, but the only reason I want it is for the Disney World Monorail simulation.

My question is this:

1. Will this version of Trainz run the Monorail simulation?
2. If so where do I get the Monorail simulation?

Thanks,

EP

Last edited:
1. Will this version of Trainz run the Monorail simulation?
2. If so where do I get the Monorail simulation?

Thanks,

EP

Hello

I suggest you buy direct from Auran, buying direct from Auran means you do not need to keep the disk in the drive.:wave:

Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006 and patch it up with Service Pack 1.
Monorail is included in TRS 2006.:)

Why not buy Trainz Collection, you get the lot for USD$ 39.99
This massive collection includes:

Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006
Trainz Routes 1, 2, 3 and 4
Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004
Trainz Ultimate Collection
Trainz Paintshed

http://www.auran.com/auran/shop_f.htm?a=1&OpenProductID=174&CurrentPage=1&PlatformID=&GenreID=&

Regards

Ahsan:)

Hello

I suggest you buy direct from Auran, buying direct from Auran means you do not need to keep the disk in the drive.:wave:

Actually that is only true for the Just Trains version which is not sold in the US.

That version of TRS2006 should come with the service pack already applied; which means that the monorail is included.

Most everyone here will advise you to buy direct. But ultimately the decision is yours.

Also personally if all you want is the monorail I would not get the Trainz Collection. Almost anything found in any of the earlier versions can be found in TRS2006. The real point to getting the collection is so that you can claim that you own them all. If you see at best buy "Trainz Classics" that is the newer version of trainz but will not come with the monorail; however I believe you can get an earlier version of it somewhere online.

peter

If it just says "Trainz Railroad Simulator" with no mention of 2004 or 2006 then it's probably the very ancient original version of Trainz.

If you want 2006, make sure that number is in the name of the product specified by the retailer and also on the photograph of the disk case.

Purchasing from a major US retailer, you're highly unlikely to end up with the UK Just Trainz version which needs the disk in the drive. You're far more likely to get the version distributed by Merscom.

John

If it just says "Trainz Railroad Simulator" with no mention of 2004 or 2006 then it's probably the very ancient original version of Trainz.

If you want 2006, make sure that number is in the name of the product specified by the retailer and also on the photograph of the disk case.

Purchasing from a major US retailer, you're highly unlikely to end up with the UK Just Trainz version which needs the disk in the drive. You're far more likely to get the version distributed by Merscom.

John

The original version was just called "trainz"

Release Date: 11/16/2007
That tells me it is 2006, SP1.

You can't trust the release date to necessarily indicate which version of Trainz it is. Constantly changing licensing agreements with the budget software distribution channels often cause old programs to be given recent release dates.

Only the product name in the text and the pack photo give you a reliable indication. A build number would be even better but I've yet to see a retailer specify that.

John

That was a good idea to post the link.

The name in the text and on the pack photo imply that it's the original Trainz, but the description mentions CMP which implies it's TRS2006. What a totally confusing Tower of Babel Trainz has become!

It's only $9.99 so probably worth risking.

Maybe someone else can recognise the front cover and confirm one way or the other.

John

This is a quote from the Best Buy site.
"The popular Trainz series rolls on with new thrills. Railroad enthusiasts can design rail systems using more than 7,500 objects that cover hundreds of miles of beautiful 3D terrain. The Content Manager Plus feature is a new asset management option that lets you easily access files, download new content and edit existing elements. The Trainz tools and rules systems have been enhanced to provide extreme flexibility and personalization options, so you can chug along without any hassles or worries." End quote.

CMP is included - ergo TRS2006, no question.

Cheers

That was a good idea to post the link.

The name in the text and on the pack photo imply that it's the original Trainz, but the description mentions CMP which implies it's TRS2006. What a totally confusing Tower of Babel Trainz has become!

It's only $9.99 so probably worth risking.

Maybe someone else can recognise the front cover and confirm one way or the other.

John

The name does NOT imply that it is the original Trainz. As the original one was only called "Trainz" not "Trainz Railroad Simulator"

peter

OK so now how do I get the monorail to work

I got the software - nice deal for $10 bucks. I found under extras the monorail - but for the life of me I can't get it to work - something has now shown up in the software that have monorail, but all it seems to be is a map on no train to control. The folder with the monorail has several CDP - I have tried to install them all but not sure what I am doing?!?! Now when the software starts I get a message that says: Some of the content has not been committed.

Not sure what I am doing here???

Here's what worked for me:
Install TRS2006 and SP1.
Run TRS2006.
Select the Manage Content option, which invokes CMP.
In the CMP menu, File > Import CDP's.
Navigate to the C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Docs\manuals_cd\extras\Monorail folder.

The official instructions say to select all nine CDP files in this folder and then click the "Open" button. As this seems to confuse CMP, it might be better to process each of the files separately, one at a time. If after installing these files some missing dependencies are reported, it might help to commit all the assets which are currently open for edit. There shouldn't be any need to download any dependencies from DLS or elsewhere.

After installation, the Surveyor and Driver menus should show a layout called "Monorail Demo 2" with a Driver session of the same name.

HTH, John

I got the software - nice deal for $10 bucks. I found under extras the monorail - but for the life of me I can't get it to work - something has now shown up in the software that have monorail, but all it seems to be is a map on no train to control. The folder with the monorail has several CDP - I have tried to install them all but not sure what I am doing?!?! Now when the software starts I get a message that says: Some of the content has not been committed.

Not sure what I am doing here???

You need to commit them before you can use them. in Content Manager, go to the "Open for Edit" Tab; select all (ctrl+A) then press ctrl+M to commit them. they should now appear in TRS.

peter

Back