Procrastinators unite!!..................tomorrow

jointedrail

Official N3V DLC Partners
Ok so the title is a bit off, but I opened TRS tonight and now have hit a small milestone for content updates. Not too long ago it was 30, then 40, 50..... Tonight the magical number hit 2500. I've been putting it off and putting it off but I think it may be time to update them! How many updates do you have?

Mike

My theory is to keep it below 1000 at least for TS10 because once it gets over that Trainz seems to blow a fuse and will not download anything. But I don't use TS10 much these days anyway. For TS12 I try to keep it at zero.

Don't complain! It means folk are updating older assets.

Just the one stuck update, I'm guessing it's that birch tree that's affecting everyone? may just remove the original if its not being used.

The one stuck update downloaded for me today because I used the CM to download, instead of the game.

Just did a fresh install of TS12. The current number of Out of Date items is 1305 on a fresh install.

Edit:
673 left, 703mb downloaded in about 1 hour.

Last edited:
Well I'm down to zero not counting built-in
Seeing how I can't delete built-in content that's been updated which means two of each ( updated & obsolete ) on a SSD was killing disk space.
I just did a full install & disabled all built-in content I didn't want including track catenarty roads etc & just about all grass shrubs trees etc under build 2.4.
I then did the same for all my downloaded content as well trees track catenary etc
Now with my usable data base I assigned keywords & star ratings to content & check for updates that way.
Nothing built-in gets updated - When I upload the route someone else can update the built-ins if they wish.
Nearly all trees etc are speed trees

Dave

Back