Problem with S C R E E N S H O T R E S O U L T I O N !

Happy and prosperous year all, I've couple of issues with screenshot postings that I hope you maybe able to help with. Posted some images onto 'Screenshots recently and wasn't exactly 'blown away' by the resolution quality of the posted images. In both Auran\Screenshots, and my Photo editing program, the images image resolution's are fine. Is there some way I can improve this aspect of posting!?. And the other matter is to do with placing spaces beneath the screenshot and any accompanying text, captions, etc. Currently there only seems to be a horizontal line option which can be limiting. Appreciate any helpful advise re these two matters. Firemanflyn

The higher the resolution of your monitor the better the screenshot. It may well be improved by using an HDMI instead of VGA cable if your monitor and graphics card can do so. As far as spaces are concerned then put your screenshot into your post and then on your keyboard hit the down arrow and then the right arrow. This will place your cursor at the lower right hand corner of your screenshot. Use the enter (return) key as you would in a text editor to add horizontal line spaces and text as needed

Andy

Hello Firemanflyn,

I generally do a bit of image enhancement before I post my screenshots to any hosting site then onto this forum.
What photo/screenshot editing programme do you use? I use a freeware utility off the internet called Photoscape, but, there are others also available, it's a bit of trial and error, but, I am a bit of a cheapskate and ONLY utilise freeware utilities as I don't personally think the Payware ones offer anything significantly better, others may disagree.........:hehe:
For all of your screenshots you can amend the colours, crop them to different sizes, sharpen them, modify the contrast, etc, etc, to your heart's content to get them just the way you want them before you post them onto the screenshot forum. I have a crappy graphics card, but, with a bit of effort can get any screenshot to a reasonable standard for folks to look at.

Do a bit of experimenting I'm sure you'll see some pleasing results.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Is photoscape compatable with windows 8 ?...Would there be a certain version i would need to download as various reviews are saying it is loaded with malware etc.

Back