Problem with a yard ladder.

RJArtim

67 yrs old Trainz Veteran
I have completed making several yards, but I am having problems with the latest one. For some strange reason tracks keep disappearing from the yard. It is just small pieces near the switch. I make the fix, go to driver mode and it is fine. I exit driver mode and go back to editing the route and a piece of track is missing. This seemed to happen after I started adding some dwarf signals. I am just scratching my head... Not sure if I have the switches too close together or something else. Hopefully someone can chime in here and offer some suggestions.

I had trouble with a yard I built with procedural track. The rails followed one path and the ties another. Each time I replaced the track it would fail in the same way. It was as if the straighten tool was applied to the rails but not the ties. I finally deleted the whole yard and all switches and started over. This time everything was fine.. Well that takes into account my yard building skills lol but at least all the ties and rails stuck togeather.

Bob

Check to see which layer is being edited.

I thought of that but I am definitely on the route layer. I made it a habit to exit all the way out if I do a session or if I work the route, just to make sure I have the correct surveyor running. I do not do anything with layers yet.

I have completed making several yards, but I am having problems with the latest one. For some strange reason tracks keep disappearing from the yard. It is just small pieces near the switch. I make the fix, go to driver mode and it is fine. I exit driver mode and go back to editing the route and a piece of track is missing. This seemed to happen after I started adding some dwarf signals. I am just scratching my head... Not sure if I have the switches too close together or something else. Hopefully someone can chime in here and offer some suggestions.

I'm seeing an increasing number of posts on this problem, and it isn't just a layer problem. It still recurs even after everything has been moved into the Route layer. It also seems to be related to the problem with splines remaining connected but not creating a proper curve where they join (imagine two pieces of track meeting at a 45 degree angle). I've been encountering this off and on since first importing layouts into T:ANE from TS2012, and also with layouts created from scratch in T:ANE.

--Lamont

Back