Print out of Session Instructions?

10dollarBill

I've looked in Surveyor and hunted for HTML files in the RS game folders but cannot find the session instructions (you know, move consist from point a to point b then drop off.....etc etc).
I'd like to be able to print out a hard copy of those instructions, put them on a clipboard, put on my engineer's hat....
...any help?
thanks,
10$bill

When I do these sessions (such as Phil Skene's ones) I use TO to open the folder. It's easy enough to double click on the relevant file and after it opens to select print. Phil usually does map jpgs as well as readme.txt or htmls and it all prints out this way. And not just the engineer's hat but coffee cup rings on all the instructions too! :D

If you're using 06 I've no idea how you'd do it - maybe windows explorer or something.

Cheers

Nix

If you are using 06, open for edit in explorer and files will be listed. Make sure to commit after printing what you need.

For 2006 I open the file and copy the read text to note pad.
I have two monitors and an keep the not pad open,or I can
print It.

Don

If all else fails, press the PrintScreen key. In TRS2004 this will create a tga format screenshot in the ...\Auran\TRS2004\ScreenShots folder. Then later open the tga file in any program capable of handling it, and print it.

The tga files are quite big so you may want to convert them to jpg's using a graphics utility such as IrfanView. You could also crop them (remove the unwanted areas around the important bit) in such a program.

Sorry, I don't know if all the above also applies in TRS2006 but it may well do.

In almost all other programs pressing the PrintScreen key saves the screenshot to the Windows clipboard (aka the cut and paste buffer), from which it can be pasted into any program which can handle graphics, and then printed or saved etc as desired.

In all of this the computer is handling graphic image files, not simple text files.

HTH, sorry if it tells you nothing new, John

If you are using 06, open for edit in explorer and files will be listed. Make sure to commit after printing what you need.

I am using TRS2006. But I'm not being succesful in opening these files. I don't even see anywhere in the TRS2006 folders any files that I recognize as containing the html narratives. I also can't come up with an "open for edit" command in Explorer no matter where I click.
I'm afraid I need more step by step direction.
thanks (I'm really not as dim as this makes me appear)...
-10$bill

Ten Dollar –

I’m doing this from memory because I transitioned back from TRS2006 to ’04 quite some time ago.

Fire up CMP.

Scroll down the list until you find the session.

Highlight it by left clicking, then right click and select “Open in Explorer”.

Windows File Explorer will open at the folder containing the session.

If the session is one of mine you will find a readme.txt, readme.htm and map.jpg files.

Double click on any of these and the Windows default viewer should open. You can then print.

You can also do the same for my routes – you will find a detailed readme and maps for them all.

I think you might have to Commit when you exit.

Tell us if this helps,
Phil

Last edited:
The TRS2006 sessions that use HTML files can be printed out as follows:
Using Surveyor, select the session and load it. Click 'Edit Session' then scroll down and highlight 'Display HTML Pages'. Copy the list of HTML pages in the Source Asset column.
Exit Trainz and start CMP. Set Search to Category - HTML Asset. Find the items on your list and open them for Edit in Explorer to get the HTML pages. Some can be viewed and some can't.

Bob

I am using TRS2006. But I'm not being succesful in opening these files. I don't even see anywhere in the TRS2006 folders any files that I recognize as containing the html narratives. I also can't come up with an "open for edit" command in Explorer no matter where I click.
I'm afraid I need more step by step direction.
thanks (I'm really not as dim as this makes me appear)...
-10$bill
Ah, I see your problem. Open CMP, select all tab on right. Go down to the asset in question in the list. Highlight that asset, go to toolbar and click edit, box opens, select edit in explorer. That will open the folder. Look for the file you want. (html, or txt file) and double click it. when it opens print it then close. If it asks to save changes say no. Then close asset folder, clck asset again in cmp and commit it.

Back