please install!!!

bux

man am i having trouble. first up i have been trying to install the german U7 route onto Trainz and that hasnt worked. i dont get the drivers icon on screen at the bottom left corner. so i tried to commit the data in CMP, but the computer would always crash. so i then did a regestary cleanup. that stopped all of the crashing, but i still couldnt commit most of the data that i wanted commited. so now i have tried to uninstall and reinstall Trainz. but now it wont install at all!!!!!!!!! an error message comes up on the screen on disc 1 about 3 bars into installation saying
Feature: Data
Component: Data Files
File: D:\data2.cab
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
why does nothing ever work for me
i am running on windows XP service pack 2 and i have Trainz railroad simulator 2006
if i have missed any vital information you may need to know to fix this very annoying problem do not hesitate to ask.
A very annoyed, Cheers, bux!

That sounds like a problem reading the disk.

Try carefully cleaning the underneath surface of the disk if it's dirty. Be careful not to scratch either surface while doing do.

If the drive has problems reading other disks, maybe try using a lens cleaning disk on it but I've read conflicting opinions on whether they do more harm than good especially with DVD drives.

It might also be worth running a memory test just in case that's the cause. Try http://www.memtest.org

HTH, John

IMHO it's also worth checking the IDE disc drivers ...

Try deleting the current driver (using the properties menu). Thi will force WinXP to reinstall the default drivers. Sometimes the non MS drivers are more efficient, but can't manage the CRC ....

Colin

Colin,

Good idea. Makes me wonder whether it would be worth also checking the master/slave jumpers on the drives. See here for some instructions.

John

thanks for all of the help guys, the disc drive has been having problems lately. it is a preety old computer fromm 04, but it still works so why get rid of a perfectly good system!
Cheers, bux

thanks for all of the help guys, the disc drive has been having problems lately. it is a preety old computer fromm 04, but it still works so why get rid of a perfectly good system!
Cheers, bux

bux,

Appearing to be a question only you can answer :confused: .

---DLR

Back