Pixelated Shadows Fix?

AV3

Is there a way to fix this annoying problem where shadows become pixelated? Had this problem in TRS19 and it seems to be even worse in TRS22.

image.png
It's especially noticeable in cab view and really irritating to look at.

Not trying to be rude here but you'd think with all the money N3V makes from TRS2019 and TRS22, they'd at least make some attempt to fix it.

I have tried to reproduce the problem, but for some reason it doesn't happen not matter how close I try... I have a 3060 (12) with a Ryzen 5600.
My Settings : Shadows Ultra 4096 , Shaders Ultra ; Texture, PostProcess and Water High ; Detail Off and AA x8.
I tried several different locos, good and not so good, but they all look ok. In this case the Rocky Mountain cabin:

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I have tried almost all of these :

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

This may have to do with the particular cab, meaning the age of the content, which explains why this shows up with older assets but not this one. Newer content with PBR textures and better meshes may not have that annoying anomaly.

This may have to do with the particular cab, meaning the age of the content, which explains why this shows up with older assets but not this one. Newer content with PBR textures and better meshes may not have that annoying anomaly.
The cab shown in the screenshot I took is the Jointed Rail NS SD70ACe cab in case you're wondering.

The cab shown in the screenshot I took is the Jointed Rail NS SD70ACe cab in case you're wondering.
The last screenshot where the anomaly isn't visible? The first shot looks like one of the older interiors.

Back