Pics Of New UK Route

brookie

I've added a couple of links to some screenshots of the route I am currently building. It's looking pretty bare at the moment, and will take a few months to complete. It's based on the alternative route between Leeds and Huddersfield via Heckmondwike and was closed in the 1960s. The first pic was taken looking back to the flyover junction at Farnley on the outskirts of Leeds and shows a class 40 heading towards Gildersome Tunnel. The rear carriages are just passing over the main route via Dewsbury. Enjoy!
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

This picture is looking on the main line towards Dewsbury and shows where the up line via Heckmondwike crosses over the line. You can just see a class 40 coming off the 'new line' on the right.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

It looks pretty good..but I"d strongly advise you to dump the Auran track.Have a look at "delsoft"s track on the DLS- it looks much better for UK track.Incidentally, regarding your problem with posting Screenshots when I clicked on the thumbnail it told me "this image has been scaled down to fit on your screen".Are you syre you are sending them as Jpegs and keeping them down to 640 x 480?;)

They are jpegs, but it does look as though I was sending them down the wrong size. I have uploaded another shot at the correct size which should work this time. Thank's for the advice.

This is a shot of another part of my layout which has expanded to include other lines aswell as the 'Leeds New Line'. It is a recreation of Cutlers Junction on the outskirts of Bradford, a busy junction in it's day, now sadly long since gone underneath tons of landfill. The line diverging to the left to the left goes to the 'Pudsey loop' with the one on the right going on to Dudley Hill and beyond. For some reason the images are still scaled down when you click on the lionk, however it is possible to view them at the full size by clicking on the image.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Back