Photo Hosting Webistes

Anyone know of a good FREE file hosting site along the lines of imageshack, I signed up for the free trial but then you have to pay. Thanks

Although both are free (unlike Imageshack), I'd recommend Photobucket over HostThenPost.

When viewing screenshots, I sometimes find they freeze before displaying completely. The only ones with this problem have been hosted on HostThenPost. I have no idea why, but that's been my observation. Make of it what you will.

Last edited:
Although both are free (unlike Imageshack), I'd recommend Photobucket over HostThenPost.

When viewing screenshots, I sometimes find they freeze before displaying completely. The only ones with this problem have been hosted on HostThenPost. I have no idea why, but that's been my observation. Make of it what you will.

I've had very few issues with HTP personally.
For screenshots, quick sharing and what not, I use imgur.com or hostthenpost.org
For legit photography, I recommend OneDrive, Flickr, Google Drive, deviantArt

There are also quite a few sites out there (like GoDaddy, iPage, 1&1, Bluehost, Hostgator, etc) where you can create your own site and host whatever pictures you want. Rates are quite resonable.

Bill

Then there is dropbox, which has free accounts, and allows the capability of posting other file types, like ~.blend, ~.cdp, &c.

ns

There are also quite a few sites out there (like GoDaddy, iPage, 1&1, Bluehost, Hostgator, etc) where you can create your own site and host whatever pictures you want. Rates are quite resonable.

Bill

Unless you have really cheap internet or live at a university, I highly recommend just hosting the website on a spare machine laying around. Those costs add up fast and I haven't hosted 3rd party since.
It's bad enough you get $17 sucked out of you for a domain name in the first place.

Back