Philadelphia (Work In Progresss) (Large pics)

Missed this. Hmm, it does seem a bit squarish, maybe a bit high. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I do have an SLIV manual (and some others) over at multimodalways.org. It has a number of diagrams and measurements. I'm sure you could measure out the center door using other means if you want to model a Comet.

The Kawasaki seems ok, a bit squarish as well. Maybe it just needs to be a hair wider? It isn't exactly the most streamlined trolley out there, so squarish isn't necessarily wrong.

I would like a copy if you could please. I'm back to working on the 5 since there are now 2 better SL4s in the works. New mesh in the naked fashion of creating like the LRV (sidenote: didn't realize the Marc city trolleys were a version of those). This way is more satisfying since I can see normals issues right away.

Hopefully for the trolley there will be a city and suburban version lol. My fictional transit system uses these trolley but I've been using generic Trainz LRVs since there is no true Kawasaki Car for Trainz and the Russian Tram site went down.

Nice work on the SL-IVs so far.

Post as much as you like Trizzy, those are very nice. It was the Russian 71-619 I used the most back when. Sorry to hear the site is down.

What I am learning is that even the easiest vehicle I chose to do, has an alternate version. If I do them all individually, I want to do them all. At least 2 versions of the LRV (the 102 version and the Subway Version) and the 3 versions of the Regionals (A,B and MU). I believe I can get to the point of just using mesh hiding instead of that way.

I've settled on a better way to cut now. Before I did, I had to learn how Bolean is the devil!! Far side is how Bolean destroys the prettiest of shapes :eek:. Open chamfers with a cap is a billion times easier.

My apologies Meow, yes it is. I see it wasn't much to go off of. I've been working on it still. My time has been reduced to the weekends with free time. Brad, I haven't forgotten, I really want to finish this so I can do a nice one for you. Just a pic until I have time to update further:

Thanks for your time as always.

Thank you both, that means alot. This is about the only way to get it all in one shot of where it's all at. Due to my cpu, I've done this in stages, because bringing it all together slows it to a crawl. This is the LP version of everything, there's an HP version of every part now too. I'm working on getting it all right, but also learning how I can use LOD's to just use the HP version of all this.

Hey yourself RRSignal. I'm busting at the seams to not update too soon. yes, there is definitely progress! I saw that diagram! We need something to run on that! This isn't the update, i'm seriously working on showing it in game, I want to show it all. I can't while these exist lol.

I do need help. Those are just normals issues. They're already taken care of, just showing it. My goal is to finish the mesh in it's high poly version and then turn it over to someone who can get it down better than I can. I can do some parts of the mesh spot on, but others I still struggle with. For proof that something new is being worked on...

I just can't stare at the color grey all over, but it's just a quick change to get it back in all grey for anyone who would texture it in the future. The chairs are one of those render down objects I can't hit (Hp versions of all are hidden and/or saved on its own). The Bomb M7 has seats that are rendered into a box. I can't get that down yet.

Thank you very much Mikey. You guys keep the standards high around here. I attempted this once before badly. It seems I have a better understanding, and it led to this:

Great cab! I've been looking through my photos for a seat texture but no dice yet - I just have way too many photos. I'll keep looking if you think they'd help. I'm pretty sure I have some recent ones of a cab as well.

Thank you Sir. It's your pics that have me this far in the first place. Big thank you! You have some partial seat pics, but a full one of the bench cushion.

Back