Phantom Consist

DPWIU7

Can anyone give me any advice of how to remove this phantom consist? I've deleted the ground around it multiple times and it contunies to be there. Any other ideas?

Check your layers. If the consist appears in the session, open up Surveyor to edit the session, and switch from the session layer to the route layer. The consist maybe there. If it is, delete it, or move it to the session layer.

The other thing to try is delete missing assets.

Either of these methods seems to fix the problem, at least for me.

Thank you. I tried both, neither worked. Thanks for assisting. Maybe others will have a special fix.

This has happened to me when porting sessions from 12 to T:ANE. Sometimes by zooming out to where the consist can just be detected one can use >Consist>Delete to eliminate it. And sometimes not. Sometimes it's possible to manipulate it with the cursor. And sometimes not. There was one consist that was partly visible and partly not. That one was manipulable. The inconsistency is maddening.

:B~(

Is it possible to see this phantom consist in mini-map view (Surveyor) or Map View proper in Driver mode? Also, have you tried to see whether you can locate it using Wireframe View (F9) in Surveyor both in Session Edit or Route Edit mode?
One fairly certain way of deleting phantom consists that you can see but not interact with if you know exactly where they are located on your grid is to COPY/PASTE an area of terrain big enough over the phantom-consist's location to obliterate the entire consist. (Tools Menu F5, Copy and Paste). You may need to relay tracks and replace other scenery items afterwards of course... (Hopefully it is not a 110-total coal train!)
Also - in Driver Setup during Session Edit mode of your Session containing the phantom consist, look for any orphaned consists/ drivers shown in the current Driver List.
i.e. In Edit Session Surveyor Mode, go to Session Edit (Ctrl r), then Driver Setup, Edit..., Look at the current list of Drivers/ consists and delete any wrong'uns - then Click the Tick to save and then again to exit the dialog box. Save your work.

Last edited:
Back