PEVSoft Tools Downloads

N3V must have a check in the Trainz product for a stamp/tag identifying the computer the customer used for the initial download. Otherwise they end up with the same issues. Thus if N3V understands that they have a moral obligation to help in this matter that should solve the problem.

Now they will cite precedence. That is, there is no precedence for them "hosting" a product where they do not have complete control and probably a copy of the source code. If they invoke that stipulation, which is reasonable, some negotiations may solve it.

Maintaining PEVSoft Downloads (cont)

I have done further research on my downloads hijacking, and I have decided to keep the PEVSoft Downloads page, with some invisible alterations.

So all my tools and tutorials are still available from the same page.

Additionally to be compatible with the AssetX updates, I have put up new versions of QuickShadows, PM2IM and Images2TGA.

I hope I have not inconvenienced anyone with my apparent dithering on this issue. I am now comfortable that I have a way to discourage hijacking of my downloads.

As well I have put the following Warning on my download page.
Code:
*** Warning ***
The programs on this page are now available from a raft of "Software Info/Download" web sites. 
Some of these connect to this page while others supply the programs from their own sources. 
In some of these cases the download file size is larger than my originals so something has been added.

Beware of downloads from other sites as they may carry harmful additions or advertising.

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue. Your tools are priceless to the creators and deserve far more respect than some have given, but then, considering that every program, movie and piece of music have been stolen and re-posted somewhere, it's no surprise. Don't worry, when the UN has control of the internet I'm sure they'll sort all that out...like they have stopped the violence in Syria!

Can Someone direct me to PEVSoft Attachment Maker. I accidentally deleted it off my computer. I tried to re-download it, but the download was unavalible.

A couple of my tools have been removed from my download page temporarally. I will put them back in a few days.

Hello Peter V,

If it's all right, I would like to suggest that the warning you have at the bottom of the page be put at the top as well, so it is the first thing visitors see. It just might be more effective that way, as some may never see the warning if it is at the bottom only.

Very glad your site will still be available, thank you. I'm just getting into asset correction and I know your tools will be most valuable.

Bernie

Peter, have a problem with making a shadow, when i run the program i get an i/o error 32 when i try and make the shadow.im and when i try to exit i get i/o error103.
I have to kill the program with task manager. Any and all ideas would be helpful.
Thanks Bob

Last time I had that problem it was a tangle between security settings. I use TrendMicro and I had to change its permissions on all the Trainz application folders.

PEVs Download Page Working Again.

I have been able to re-instate my Download Page, so that all my advertised programs are available.

I have to admit that I have one of your tools for download. Available only by following a link from one of my assets. I put it up only after I found that the update wasn't as useful as the original. I did try to get permission first, but I couldn't get through to you or Andi06. My apologies.

AssetX 1.2 + Patch.exe. By Andi06. No longer available anywhere else.
Update a host of assets to TRS build 2.9. WARNING! Will not work with everthing. Make a back-up first! Paintshed build 1.3 update to build 2.9 locos are the most successful and currently can be put on the DLS.

snip.. . I did try to get permission first, but I couldn't get through to you or Andi06. My apologies.

Thats a pretty poor excuse for hosting our product without our permission. Andi and myself are around here enough for you to be able to get our attention here, or you could have emailed or pm'ed. But thank you for being up-front enough to let us know. If that version of AssetX works for you and your customers, that is good in itself.

Do Not host any of our products without our permission.. As a member of the Trainz community you should be protecting the copyright and publishing rights of other members not riding rough-shod over them.

Also keep in mind when thinking of hosting someone's freeware, that the writer/s have put a lot into the product, so have a vested interest in controlling how it is distributed. In the case of AssetX, a very complex tool, there is around a year's spare-time hours for both Andi and myself in writing it. So we are entitled to feel p..ssd off when anyone else thinks they can distribute it.

Last edited:
I know it's no excuse, but I put it up as a favour to those like myself with the TRS2009 and would like to use the upgrade function to '06 or '09 which was missing from the update. To be honest, I thought it being obsolete it would help by pointing the way to the later versions including the one you're doing for 2012 which for people like me is useless.

Having 1.2 Beta on-line helped me at one time because I lost my own copy from the computer. I tried everywhere to get 1.2 again, but by that time it had been superseded and was no longer available. I had forgotten that it had been uploaded so was able to retrieve it.

BTW. I don't have customers per se, only a very few people have actually downloaded this original version up-to-date. I will remove it if you wish once I can actually get into my FTP again. I can log-in but the FTP server is playing up again.

Again my apologies.

I know it's no excuse, but I put it up as a favour to those like myself with the TRS2009 and would like to use the upgrade function to '06 or '09 which was missing from the update. To be honest, I thought it being obsolete it would help by pointing the way to the later versions including the one you're doing for 2012 which for people like me is useless. .........snip
Again my apologies.

Thank you. Subject closed as far as I am concerned.

The update scripts are available from the AssetX Wiki pages which can be accessed from the Help Menu. These have recently been altered to update to minimum version accepted by the DLS.

One thing though.. I'm curious to know what version 1.2 of AssetX can do that later versions can't. I don't remember us discontinuing or removing any features.. only adding new ones.

Last edited:
Thank you. Subject closed as far as I am concerned.

One thing though.. I'm curious to know what version 1.2 of AssetX can do that later versions can't. I don't remember us discontinuing or removing any features.. only adding new ones.

Below are the main changes between the two versions that I noticed.

Version 1.2, November 2010 Second Beta Release
Scripts

Run Script...
Edit Script file....
Embed Script...

Update to TRS2006
Update to TRS2009

Version 2.0 - February 2011
Scripts

Run Script...
Run Script On Tagged Assets...
Execute Script Commands...

Edit Script file....
Embed Script...

Install Superscript

BTW. Did you want me to remove the Beta version or not?

The upgrade menu items are automatically loaded by AssetX to reflect the names of the Scripts in the scripts folder.

We discontinued putting the Version Upgrade scripts in the in the installer when we put our scripts on the AssetX Wiki page here. The links on this page allow you to execute the installers directly from each link. If you un-install the older version and install the new one then you will have the AssetX Wiki item in the Help menu, where you can download the Upgrade scripts.

If you have any version of AssetX, the scripts can be downloaded and will automatically show on the menu.

You should not need to keep the old version if those are your only concerns.

If that works for you, then should take down your download of version 1.2 Beta.

If you have any more questions, please post them on the AssetX FAQ thread.

Back