Passenger train stopping at beginning of platform

fjbicrf

Not sure which update broke this as I have been working in Surveyor for a while - my passenger trains now always stop at the beginning of the platform rather than where they are supposed . This happens on any route, any consist and any platform - even on ones that can be configured. Using Drive To or Navigate To produces the same result. I know that passenger stations / trains were a bit buggy before, but it seems like it is really broke now. Anyone else having this issue?

Fred

Last edited:
Fred,

Did you put in the load command after the Navigate to and Drive to commands?

If you don't do that, the AI will stop at the beginning of the platform.

You're welcome. I did the same thing the other day and had myself going in circles trying to figure out what was going wrong.

I ALWAYS go in this order:

Navigate to (Station Name)
Unload
Load

[ ^ no pauses between these two]
Wait for (2 minutes, or however long you want the train to pause before it goes to the next station. I've found if you don't have a pause here, there might be problems).)
Navigate to (next station)
etc.

This works for me every time.

I ALWAYS go in this order:

Navigate to (Station Name)
Unload
Load

[ ^ no pauses between these two]
Wait for (2 minutes, or however long you want the train to pause before it goes to the next station. I've found if you don't have a pause here, there might be problems).)
Navigate to (next station)
etc.

This works for me every time.

I usually do the Navigate to (Station Name and Platform)
Load

wait ---- sometimes if needed, but rarely

etc.

But... I get interrupted constantly and I forget what I'm doing.

Highly recommended and used much here, when you have passenger industry stations
<kuid2:75377:84:1> Load At, on the DLS, from stagecoach and trev999
its the combination of Drive to and Load, it makes your driver command list a lot shorter

I have also noticed that the speed approaching the station/industry is critical. If too fast, the train will drift through the station/industry and not function correctly. I always put speed limits of 10 mph immediately before the station/industry with an exit speed of x mph right after the slowdown speed. This has led to a very smooth operation on all of my maps.

Also, for passenger stations, I use LM3D Unload - Load asset <kuid:82348:2017001>. Sounds similar to G.M.s recommendation except you still need the drive to or navigate to commands.

Thanks for that tip, G.M. - Just tried that out and it worked well. This will greatly reduce the number of driver commands I use on my lengthy commuter runs.
More efficient.

I must check command out myself for the same reason as PC_Ace's. Thanks, G.M. for the lead on that one.

Tried it. I had a couple of issues. One of the passenger stations (Amtrak 13 by Dave Snow) wouldn't work. Instead of showing platform 1, the command referred to track_0. Other Amtrak stations (#13) on the route were okay. Interesting.

The other issue is that this appears to be a "load" only command. Passengers do not disembark like they do with LM3D unload/load command.

For passengers the load command first unloads a certain percentage of the passengers, before loading new passengers. The percentage of passengers unloaded depends on the type of the station. The unload command unloads only (the same percentage as the load command).

Peter

I've noticed with some of my smaller 19th century locomotives that the interactive platforms don't seem to be triggered by them very well leading to the drifting through the station and overshooting the platform problem. With services operated by these engines I have a stopping point trackmark at the platform which seems to have cured the problem. The command sequence is still much the same only the trackmark name is referenced instead of the interactive station platform name. A 'Halt' command must follow the trackmark name and then the unload/load or load commands, wait command & etc.

Last edited:
I've noticed with some of my smaller 19th century locomotives that the interactive platforms don't seem to be triggered by them very well leading to the drifting through the station and overshooting the platform problem. With services operated by these engines I have a stopping point trackmark at the platform which seems to have cured the problem. The command sequence is still much the same only the trackmark name is referenced instead of the interactive station platform name. A 'Halt' command must follow the trackmark name and then the unload/load or load commands, wait command & etc.

I've had that issue as well and also with signals and level crossing too close to platforms. I found that these items need to be at least 20 meters away otherwise the AI "sees" them and ignores the stop and load and continues on past the platforms.

I find I need to use the halt command as described with my routes that use PCC trolley cars, otherwise they sometimes pass through stations without stopping.

I find I need to use the halt command as described with my routes that use PCC trolley cars, otherwise they sometimes pass through stations without stopping.

I've noticed that entering the station too fast can cause a train/trolley to go through without stopping. I always put speed limits at the beginning of the station. Some trolleys still don't like that so immediately after the drive to command I add a 2 second wait.

I'm not a big fan of the Navigate to command - it can mess up sometimes and try to find an alternate path which then messes up everything. I'll stick to the Drive to and use track markers as needed thank you.

Also, I tried the Load at command G.M. recommended and, even though it appears to be a good command, I think I'll stick to the LM3D unload/load command. That seems to work best for me.

The trouble with short stations is the radius of the first and last trigger point. They may be too near each other and by the time the train has triggered the first one it may have also triggered the last one so won't stop.

I've had that issue as well and also with signals and level crossing too close to platforms. I found that these items need to be at least 20 meters away otherwise the AI "sees" them and ignores the stop and load and continues on past the platforms.
That situation can be particularly awkward with Uk stations where it was common to have a road crossing close to the end of station platforms. I have one station like that and it's taken a certain amount of adjustment and fiddling about to get passenger trains to stop in the right place.

That situation can be particularly awkward with Uk stations where it was common to have a road crossing close to the end of station platforms. I have one station like that and it's taken a certain amount of adjustment and fiddling about to get passenger trains to stop in the right place.

Those situations are easy to do with the ATLS system as the train is not influenced by the crossing. They can be set up not to close if the train stops in the station for awhile and close when the train is ready to leave. The signals can also operate correctly for this type of situation.

Back