Other Downloading programs

klambert

Ca Plane Pour Moi
when I download a loco using a download program other than CMP where do I put the loco after being downloaded. I have TRS06

Store the file you download anywhere. It's best kept out of the Program Files area. Use meaningful folder names, for example D:\Trainz Extras\Joe Bloggs Trainz\Tommy Tank Engine. It's best included in the folders you regularly back up.

What you do next depends on what type of file has been downloaded:
CDP: double-click it
EXE: double-click it
ZIP or RAR: extract the contents, which will probably include a CDP or an EXE which you would double-click
Otherwise, see if the creator's web site has any installation instructions, or if there's a readme file in the downloaded package.

HTH, John

Just to add a little to what John has said, after you have created a folder and named it, say 'my CDPs', or something, you import the downloaded .cdp files into TRS2006 by selecting the CMP Menu drop down "File/Import cdps" and navigating to your folder. Click on one or select a bunch and sit back and watch CMP do its magic. Commit the files after importing.
By the way, you can also down load DLS files to your folder using the FTP method.

Cheers

Back