Open/Load saved session

perrybucsdad

I'm a new user and I am struggling with how to work this... stupid basic things like, I was driving a route for the last hour, but had to go do something else. I quit the route, saved when it prompted me, and then when I go back in, how do I go back to where I was? I saved it, so I would assume I could just resume where I was. If so, how?

I know there is the Wiki on this site, but I tell you, it is impossible to find things like this. Is there a "complete noob" section that would help me as opposed to posting this dumb questions?

To reload the session where you left off, you go to the Routes and Sessions menu.
Pick the Route.
Click on the Sessions button.

In this area, you'll see the original session and after that, a session with the date and time as part of their name. If you have more than one, each will have a different date and time appended to the name.

When you load up one of these date and time stamped sessions, the session will pick up where you left off when you exited last time.

Absolutely read the How to Use the UDS Interface wiki mentioned.

Here are a few things important things you will learn:

The most important thing to know is the current location of the trains is stored in the session, not the route. Even if the trains were placed on the route.

Best practice is to place trains on the session layer. Doing so allows you to have another session for testing purposes with just one train to deal with.

If you want to preserve the starting locations, don't save the session after driving.

If you want to preserve the current locations, save the session.

If you want to change the session while preserving the starting locations, only modify the session when it is in its initial state.

Back