open GL or direct X?

legionnair

wich of the two is the best to use(i run Win7 with the open GL option for the moment).
if derect X would be the better choice,is any propblem with the newest derect X version possible?

Trainz wants DX 9c. You will need that.
Switch betwwen DX and OG and see which runs better on your comp.

thanks.
after some testing i found out that at a lower resolution D Gl. was the better choice but since my PC can handle the highest res. i also tested that and in that case directX(10) was more fluid and gave a better detail overall.
so,in my case its 1680x1050(highest res. -1) with directX...

readmelogo126.jpg

Last edited:
thanks.
i also tested that and in that case directX(10) was more fluid and gave a better detail overall.

You must be running that special edition of Trainz with the DirectX 10 game engine then. Where can I get a copy of that?

You must be running that special edition of Trainz with the DirectX 10 game engine then. Where can I get a copy of that?

special edition?i have only recently bought trainz 2010 engeneers edition(auran download)build 43434 or 34343(one of the two,can't remember...:eek:) and updated it to build 44088.further i have no SP's or upgrades installed.
so,sorry,can't help

readmelogo126.jpg

Last edited:
special edition?i have only recently bought trainz 2010 engeneers edition(auran download)build 43434 or 34343(one of the two,can't remember...:eek:) and updated it to build 44088.further i have no SP's or upgrades installed.
so,sorry,can't help

That’s the same edition I have but no DirectX 10 here?

Back