Observation Car with rear or platform view?

pitkin

Does anyone know of such a passenger car, or caboose. Where you can view from the rear platform, or from the rear of the interior, like the old club cars.

Thanks.

I don't recall seeing any observation cars, but there are cabeese with interiors, which I think is what you are looking for.

Yes, and they are great. What I am looking for is the sensation of looking out of a rear platform, or rear of an observation car.

The CB&Q Pioneer Zephyr had a club car which I think I recall having such a view, but it is build 1.3, a little long in the tooth;).

I believe it was part of an articulated consist. Not as tall as the later streamlined cars. But really cool to "sit in".

You would need to add an interior line in the config file (it could be one of the available invisible ones) and add the attachment point a.cabfront on the rear platform . If you add another point a.outsideview0 positioned at eye level on the rear platform you will then get a view actually on the coach rather than just there without the coach visible.

You could add an invisible loco on the tail end, and if T:ANE as a freeintcam feature in driver, you could venture back onto the observation car platform by using the KB arrow keys

there is a Rio Grande narrow gauge caboose with a rear platform view somewhere on the DLS for an older version of trainz and I think that there might also be one from pweiser on the DLS as well

If you don’t mind payware, K&L’s CN Pacific is a beautiful locomotive with a sweet whistle that also come with a nice set of passenger cars, including an observation car with platform views.
https://kltrainz.com/product/cn-k1d-pacific/
K&L’s PRR decapod is also excellent and comes with multi skin hoppers and two caboose versions, both of which have platform and cupola views.
Other K&L stuff has similar features.

Hello, I'm sure I have the orange Milwaukee rear observation car (with all the windows) in my 2004. But my game computer is not connected at this time, (I just moved). But this would be a Trainz 2004 model...

I believe, but am not sure, that it was made by "Tume".

It has an interior with chairs, people, and I believe pictures on the interior walls.
Not a highly detailed, lovely interior, but it does give the feeling you are looking for. Just now, I couldn't find any rolling stock by Tume!
Maybe I didn't search properly. I don't remember if I got the set of cars from the DLS. (or maybe from Trainz Pro Routes)

Good luck, Bob P.

My mistake, there is a lot of stuff on the DLS by Tume. I think He made the whole set of the
Milwaukee Road Olympia Hiawatha. I just looked but couldn't spot the word observation in the titles...

Last edited:
<kuid:633834:170004> MILW Olympian Hiawatha Early
<kuid:633834:170003> MILW Olympian Hiawatha Late

Consists made up of both of TUME's sets, one features whitepass' engines. Download these and it should download all the cars and locomotives too. :D

Thanks for all your suggestions. I am trying to avoid payware because I am working on some sessions to be uploaded. The Milwaukee cars look great, just what I need. I wish the windows were not tinted so the scenery was easier to see. Landrvr1 has a Calif Zephyr dome car with clear windows, but I don't think he ever made this consist public. A shame, I love his E5 shovelnose for the Zephyr.

I managed to get an "interior" camera point on the platform of an old heavyweight business car using the PEV attachment tool. However, will have to investigate whether it is legal to upload. I used sniper297 kuids, but the procedure is better left for the Content Creators forum.

Thanks,

Pitkin

Last edited:
Back