Nvidia graphic problem when using board tree modells

BotkoZs000

Hi everyone! I have recently moved my trainz installation to a new computer but since that all my board trees displaying with that strange half-dark effect(one board is darker than the others and also there is some opacity problem with masked alphas). I was once able to solve this by adjusting my videocard setting in Nvidia control panel but i can’t remember how. Any suggestions? I am using Nvidia GTX 1650, all works fine on my

Hi everyone! I have recently moved my trainz installation to a new computer but since that all my board trees displaying with that strange half-dark effect(one board is darker than the others and also there is some opacity problem with masked alphas). I was once able to solve this by adjusting my videocard setting in Nvidia control panel but i can’t remember how. Any suggestions? I am using Nvidia GTX 1650, all works fine on my
what version of trainz you using? can't help unless we have the version of trainz your using first. thanks!

Trainz 2009 SP4. Used the same version on my previous laptop with an Amd/ATI card but haven’t experienced this problem.

Trainz 2009 SP4. Used the same version on my previous laptop with an Amd/ATI card but haven’t experienced this problem.
2009 is outdated use TRS19 or TRS22 not smart to use an unsupported game in this case TRS2009 SP4 its more than 10 years old Support life is only 6 years after the game is made by the time the next game comes out usually!

I see, but as i mentioned before i was able get rid of this bug using the same version of trainz and same video card and graphic driver.

I'd be tempted by the idea of grabbing a copy of TANE. Your copy of TRS2009 SP4 runs single core and your CPU almost certainly has four cores, so three aren't being used also with very little use of your GTX 1650. Moving to TANE would give you better frame rates and a more stable version of the program. Currently it's $15 US. Plat is $30.

There aren't that many people still running TRS2009 with the knowledge to assist you.

Sorry John

If there is a setting within Trainz itself (somewhere in the Launcher panel?) for the anti-alias level, increase it to the maximum. It might improve the opacity problem. Not guaranteed but easy to try.

I'd be tempted by the idea of grabbing a copy of TANE. Your copy of TRS2009 SP4 runs single core and your CPU almost certainly has four cores, so three aren't being used also with very little use of your GTX 1650. Moving to TANE would give you better frame rates and a more stable version of the program. Currently it's $15 US. Plat is $30.

There aren't that many people still running TRS2009 with the knowledge to assist you.

Sorry John
I understand the advantages of new versions over TS2009. However, as far as I see from screenshots and other threads light/dark board modell trees are a present in the mentioned up-to-date versions as well. Based on this fact and my experience I don’t think the problem itself is game related.

I was once able to solve this by adjusting my videocard setting in Nvidia control panel
Hmm, there might be similar going on here with TANE on this machine, can remember thinking a few months back, is it just me or do the trees now look different?
and then I didn't pursue the matter further because of health and other life stuff.
Wonder if an Nvidia update might have been a factor?
Huh, that's interesting ...
Neither going through control panel to hardware and sound, NVIDIA control panel, nor the tool bar icon for it have opened the control panel.
Well, that sure took its own sweet time.
:cautious:
At least I know the place to look is not under "set up digital audio".
:unsure:

I understand the advantages of new versions over TS2009. However, as far as I see from screenshots and other threads light/dark board modell trees are a present in the mentioned up-to-date versions as well. Based on this fact and my experience I don’t think the problem itself is game related.
Yes but more people are running it so you're more likely to get a sensible answer.

Cheerio John

Open the game to the screen where the boxes appear for tutorials, routes, scenarios, ...etc. Go up to the button in the top left corner labeled Main menu. Click it and choose Options. It should open to the Video Settings. Check that the Enable compatibility mode for older content is checked.

Here is the short version of the issue with bill board trees. By the rules of the content creation guide, grayscale alpha maps were restricted to just glass surfaces but some creators decided to try them on billboard trees as a way of feathering the edges and making them better looking. However, this had a serious impact on game performance. TS2009 was the first version to offer a "native mode" that did not support the use of grayscale alpha maps in non glass surfaces. But both TS2009 and TS10 offered compatibility mode to allow the items to continue to be used at the cost of game performance. TS12 removed compatibility mode entirely. So bill board trees that don't use a black and white alpha map are going to render in odd and unpredictable ways. In various newer versions, N3V appears to have tried to change the way these trees are rendered by default but in most cases the results doesn't look good.

Interestingly, TRS19 saw the return of a setting in the launcher labelled Compatibility Mode but anytime I have changed it the program becomes unstable so it may or may not be effecting assets that use grayscale alpha maps. Maybe it has more to do with scripting issues.

Open the game to the screen where the boxes appear for tutorials, routes, scenarios, ...etc. Go up to the button in the top left corner labeled Main menu. Click it and choose Options. It should open to the Video Settings. Check that the Enable compatibility mode for older content is checked.

Here is the short version of the issue with bill board trees. By the rules of the content creation guide, grayscale alpha maps were restricted to just glass surfaces but some creators decided to try them on billboard trees as a way of feathering the edges and making them better looking. However, this had a serious impact on game performance. TS2009 was the first version to offer a "native mode" that did not support the use of grayscale alpha maps in non glass surfaces. But both TS2009 and TS10 offered compatibility mode to allow the items to continue to be used at the cost of game performance. TS12 removed compatibility mode entirely. So bill board trees that don't use a black and white alpha map are going to render in odd and unpredictable ways. In various newer versions, N3V appears to have tried to change the way these trees are rendered by default but in most cases the results doesn't look good.

Interestingly, TRS19 saw the return of a setting in the launcher labelled Compatibility Mode but anytime I have changed it the program becomes unstable so it may or may not be effecting assets that use grayscale alpha maps. Maybe it has more to do with scripting issues.
IT WORKED!!!! Thank you! It’s epic.

Back