Newsletter using A.I. cover

So... what is the problem if that would be the case? What is the idea behind this topic? So far it sounds like a blog post (so I am happy to move it there if that is the case).

You prefer them to waste a lot of money on a graphical artist instead? Because I rather see that money go to the game development.

So... what is the problem if that would be the case? What is the idea behind this topic? So far it sounds like a blog post (so I am happy to move it there if that is the case).

You prefer them to waste a lot of money on a graphical artist instead? Because I rather see that money go to the game development.
They could've used an in-game screenshot.

These days suspicion precedes most other considerations. Unfortunately the deterioration of the web into a criminal paradise makes adventuresome web-sites appear suspicious, as it should. Criminals need to attract victims with different opening page approaches to a "trap" site . This disadvantages new sites.

Because AI "art" is neither representative of the game nor representative of actual artists. AI also cannot accurate create a locomotive/railroad line. Furthermore, using AI "art" is rather controversial due to the fact that it is being chosen over talented human beings who would gladly make art for a piece of media (in this case, Trainz).

Besides, a Trainz screenshot is far more representative of the game than some silly AI "art" generator.

That newsletter illustration looks wrong , to me it appears the engine body would have to bend in order to match up with the smokebox , perspective can be weird and I've seen enough foreshortening/angle issues in photos to not be absolutely sure I'm right, but the front of the engine doesn't look like the angle is correct to match with the cab. Compare this shot, which is rather similar to the newsletter cover
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/steam-locomotives-rounding-curve-mark-chandler.html

Not totally related, but last night I was watching a youtube video and I definitely thought that the narration was created using an A1.In several sentences the pronunciation was totally mangled to such an extent that no human would ever do.

On another angle, the company who employs medical typists who type out the findings of radiologists that my daughter works for have told the workforce they may well be replaced by A1 fairly soon, not sure I'd want my cancer diagnosis to be mangled by an A1, my daughter tells me shes is one of the few who can actually understand some of the more unintelligible radiologists, so good luck with the A1 making a good job of it.

If business is going to replace millions of jobs with A1 , who is going to have the loot to actually keep the economy going as its a threat to almost any creative and office staff who do nto have to interect with the public . I'm glad I'm old and wont live to see the outcomes of this development , this technology is very disturbing .

Last edited:
That newsletter illustration looks wrong , to me it appears the engine body would have to bend in order to match up with the smokebox , perspective can be weird and I've seen enough foreshortening/angle issues in photos to not be absolutely sure I'm right, but the front of the engine doesn't look like the angle is correct to match with the cab. Compare this shot, which is rather similar to the newsletter cover
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/steam-locomotives-rounding-curve-mark-chandler.html

Not totally related, but last night I was watching a youtube video and I definitely thought that the narration was created using an A1.In several sentences the pronunciation was totally mangled to such an extent that no human would ever do.

On another angle, the company who employs medical typists who type out the findings of radiologists that my daughter works for have told the workforce they may well be replaced by A1 fairly soon, not sure I'd want my cancer diagnosis to be mangled by an A1, my daughter tells me shes is one of the few who can actually understand some of the more unintelligible radiologists, so good luck with the A1 making a good job of it.

If business is going to replace millions of jobs with A1 , who is going to have the loot to actually keep the economy going as its a threat to almost any creative and office staff who do nto have to interect with the public . I'm glad I'm old and wont live to see the outcomes of this development , this technology is very disturbing .
Yes and I don't like this trend at all.

I don't see the issue; for years now how many times have you seen adverts on the TV where at the bottom it says "not actual gameplay". I think the image works and will probably entice people across. What's the old saying - there's no such thing as bad publicity?

Cheers,

PLP

I sure hope this backlash will be listened to. If only they had a program that could create a computer generated image, of trains, without much work

Back