ex-Chilwellian
Anybody fancy making this in Trainz?
large-27.jpg

(The layout, not the loco...)

Hi,

This was my first attempt.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t17/builder300544/Trainz01.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t17/builder300544/Trainz03.jpg

As you can see the modern station has vastly altered from those days.

Regards, John

It certaintly has changed, all those diamonds replaced by just 3 double-slips!
I suppose that, once the position of the station and platforms is established, they've not changed that much, then it can be back-dated quite easily to the diamonds... and the third-rail tracks for the North Tyneside electrification...
But how would you signal it for Trainz?!!!

Newcastle central

Hi builder300544,

I don't think you would ever get the AI drivers to work that lot. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Cheers.
Bill69

Hi,

The station is on the route Tyne and Wear Metro2 on the DLS. I,m not saying its perfect but if you want to use it as a starting base and convert it back in time you,r quite welcome. Best of luck.:)

I don't think you would ever get the AI drivers to work that lot. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Funnily enough I did get trains to run through using A1 and they worked quite well using a mixture of standard signalling and the Path Control. Unfortunately I never got round to uploading the session and now I have chopped and changed it around that much while trying to update my layout that it is currently unworkable.

The biggest problem to me was frame rates. There are 9 platforms most of them curved, so I used AJS,s stations. These together with all the rest of the scenery etc just grinds the trains to a crawl on my computer. Also not helped by the fact there is an underground system below the station.

Regards, John

Will download that route and have a go at backdating it!
Also I just remembered about the Deltic Preservation Society's ECML route. Not sure what the state of that is just now, but it will have Newcastle Station with the diamonds, as it's to be the route as it was in Deltic's hayday. Here's the link DPS Trainz ECML pages

Back