New Narrow Gauge Route (large pics, long way from done)

Klinger

The Chicago CTA guy
Ive been working on this one for a few months now, it started as a test of how detailed i could make a single board, and went from that to a full layout

i never did finish detailing the square, but i intend detail as highly as possiable

The route, when finished, will house between 30 and 40 miles of Narrow Gauge track, there will be several sidings mines, cattle ranches and such, along the way

Currently i have laid around 14 miles of track, so im about half done, depending on how much time i have to lay the full line

so far, the only textures is the dirt around the track, but should be colorful when finished

here are a few screens, so far there are 4 town along the line, and im sure ill add alot more later

Ill keep this as a WIP, but updates will be pretty far apart. long way from complete, but still should be great when its done

Screenshot_1728.jpg

Screenshot_1732.jpg

Screenshot_1734.jpg

Screenshot_1735.jpg

Screenshot_1736.jpg

cool like the bridge gives a good feel to the route.
will this be found in a hilly region or a mountainas region i cant quite tell.

Some updates

I finished laying the Track, i ran an Odometer test, i measured about 28-32 miles of main line track, sorry dont know for sure, the odometer train i was running derailed about 4 base boards from the end of the line, because of a unconected picec of track

it takes several hours, at narrow gauge speeds, to reach the end

i have satarted texturing and laying trees at the southern end, ill move slowly however, since in addation to trees and textures, im going to try and add as much realism as possiable

i have plenty of mines and such to keep people busy, still a little bit of track work that needs to be done on the northern end of the route, adding coaling stations, water towers and the town, but other then that its getting there

Here is the Southern Most town of Timber Ridge, dont let Alistar drive near here

Screenshot_1854.jpg

also, one of my town seems to have accumulated a ton of invisable platforms, however they are completly invisable in suyevor, so i cant find them to delete them, any suggestions on how to fix this annoyance?

Screenshot_1849.jpg

I am very very very (repeat as needed) sad to report that due to a technical issue caused by my favorite piece of software, aka microsh** windows, this project, unless John (grogstop65) can produce a maricle, is now abdonded

i spent 4 months working on this....and now it seems it is all lost....

on the lighter side, next up

Great and Glorious Borat Railroad: American Divison

hopefully i will be able to recover "somhing" of the layout, even if its just the track, ill still be happy with it

At the very least, if this is indeed a total loss, I think I will try to Reconstruct some parts of it, maybe about 5-10 miles of track, because the track plan i had going is too good to just let die

Hey Klinger, I dont mean to go off topic, but what is that status of that rotary you were doing?

Zapper jet has the files, he was going to remake the wheels, thats the last ive heard in about a month lol

Oh geeze, I completely forgot! :(

I was wrapped up in homework and school (aren't we all?) and completely lost track of what I was doing!

I'll make a note to look at the files again, no telling though if I'll ever get a chance :rolleyes:

Cheers,
John

Back