new GO Transit MP40 loco

I read the article about that in Locomotive 2007, apparently the MBTA's looking into them as well.

Very cool aradlaw, thanks for the link :wave:

Yay, Baby Bullets! Those are cool.
We have a similar engine on the Coaster train between San Diego and Oceanside, where you can catch the Metrolink to LA. The streamlined engines look great.

:cool: Claude

I wouldn't mind seeing the cabview in one of those :p A favorite of commuter networks, I think the Rail Runner and the trains out in Salt Lake City use similar locomotives...

I like them. Amtrak should try to get some to augment their existing (and slowly decreasing) fleet of F59 PHIs and P42s etc.

If Amtrak was run as a money making venture rather than a political pork barrel, they would have trains a lot better than these.
CalTrain, by San Francisco bay, uses the MP36PH. Who else uses the Baby Bullets?

Knew these were coming out for a while :)

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=15362

but yeah, the side on shot looks good. It's good to know that they are more powerful and efficient...still somehow, I will miss the f59phs...

It'd be great if someone in the trainz community could make this locomotive and release it as freeware, so people could reskin it into several liveries...

One can always hope! :D

:wave:

Gisa ^^

*shudders* that is one of the ugliest passenger locos I've ever seen, IMO.:confused:

Nothing beats the classic F40s

I wouldn't mind seeing the cabview in one of those

It's not Trainz, but it gives an idea as to how one would look in a rail simulation game in general:

MP36_lasallecabfront.jpg

-Kurt

The streamlined locos in San Diego are the EMD F59PHI. Both the Amtrak Surfliner and San Diego Coaster have some.

Yeah, I have to agree that the f40ph's look the best. :D I will miss them...

Where did you get that screenshot from, if I might ask? It looks great!

^^

Gisa

No need to be sorry: that's a great shot no matter where it came from!

AFAIK, it is possible to take some models in msts and import them into trainz via gmax. It would be dandy to have an mp40 or a few loco's like those in here. If I had the time and more importantly, knowledge, I'd love to build that but gmax is beyond my abilities, so I'm build a (never ending it seems) route instead :hehe:

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Well, I'm sorry to say that I'm from the Dark Side of MSTS addon creation ;) - the MP36 cab photo is from my site at www.klw-trainsim.com, same for the external MP models.

-Kurt

Oh, sure Kurt, here I am thinking you're gonna shoot me down when I request to be a member, and turns out your a Trainz forum member :hehe:

That's a fun little locomotive, I love it.

-Jesse-:wave:

Oh, sure Kurt, here I am thinking you're gonna shoot me down when I request to be a member, and turns out your a Trainz forum member :hehe:

...of many years and few posts!

Unfortunately, I never became too comfortable with Trainz' file setup, and never pursued much of any addon creation within it. Only thing I ever did was a Tri-Rail F40PH reskin, and I don't believe I ever finished it either. I might have photos somewhere of it.

P.S.: Did you indeed place a request for membership? A nasty cold has wrecked my rhythm in taking care of the most recent requests - I might have overlooked it. Let me know.

Take care,

-Kurt

Last edited:
...of many years and few posts!

Unfortunately, I never became too comfortable with Trainz' file setup, and never pursued much of any addon creation within it. Only thing I ever did was a Tri-Rail F40PH reskin, and I don't believe I ever finished it either. I might have photos somewhere of it.

P.S.: Did you indeed place a request for membership? A nasty cold has wrecked my rhythm in taking care of the most recent requests - I might have overlooked it. Let me know.

Take care,

-Kurt

I did and you accepted, I appreciate it.

Back