new content coming - cathedral

I'm still a little ill, but found time to do a first reskinning of the cathedral in brick. Still got some work to do on the texturing, but here's a couple of shots as it is right now.
Mike

brickcathedral1.JPG

brickcathedral2.JPG

That is a very nice building. It is very hard to judge scale from your pictures. You could put a car or person near the front doors to give us an idea of size. You could also do a screenshot from the alt walk perspective.

Jack

That is a very nice building. It is very hard to judge scale from your pictures. You could put a car or person near the front doors to give us an idea of size. You could also do a screenshot from the alt walk perspective.

Jack

very good idea.

I'm still a little ill, but found time to do a first reskinning of the cathedral in brick.
well at least your still alive..;)
excelent job on the brick job. and holy crap i didnt know it was that big!!!
hope you get better before the holidays are over so you can enjoy your self. but your still going.
those signs are excelent!! ive used them quite a bit yet every time i forgot to take a screenshot. well done on those!
did you ever make the support frame i suggested Mike? ive been waiting for it.

well at least your still alive..;)
excelent job on the brick job. and holy crap i didnt know it was that big!!!
hope you get better before the holidays are over so you can enjoy your self. but your still going.
those signs are excelent!! ive used them quite a bit yet every time i forgot to take a screenshot. well done on those!
did you ever make the support frame i suggested Mike? ive been waiting for it.

Sorry Adam, but I haven't yet. I"ve got so many things on my 'to do' list that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll try to move it further up my list. It seems that everytime that I start something that I get an idea for something else and forget about what I had planned on working on next.

I'm glad that you like the signs so well. I wasn't very good at creation when I first started, but as I gain experience, my file sizes seem to be decreasing. It's a testament to texture file sizes primarily I think. I like the detail of the larger file sizes, but there's a trade off for the final product

Okay. I've uploaded the Brick Cathedral. It and the Stone Cathedral should be on the DLS in the next few days (after the holidays I guess). Hope they're useful. I know they will be in some projects that I have planned.

Happy New Year everyone and now onto new projects.

By the way; my new year resolution is to get better at creation. With everyone's help, maybe I can improve.

Mike

my new years resolution is to make a route i can be proud of. i kinda suck at most things. lets go down the list:

Surveyor-horrible at
Gmax-forget it im so bad its not funny
Paintshed-well im ok in this, i can whip out something i like that does the job.

well first im going to master Surveyor then onto Gmax. then finnally Paintshed using a trick i learned from MuttsMooch.

sounds like a good plan for the year.
I'm competent in surveyor, but by no means an expert.
I hate Gmax. I build my meshes in a CADD program, import to Gmax and then texture
I'm terrible at paintshed and reskinning. Just haven't had the interest yet.

it fun to do if you need something quick and you dont want to go to the DLS.
well were evenly matched as you can say.;)

Back