Nevono yoga 2 ultrabook

wholbr

Hi everybody.
Posted the following on T:ane hardware thread but no one from N3V seems to want to reply, so perhaps a forum member can help.

Original. Post follows:-
I retired last october but have returned temporarily following serious accident to one of the senior staff. I have been given a Lenovo convertible laptop to accompany me on my travels whitch I have been very impressed with. Therefore, I am thinking of purchasing the following Lenovo yoga 2 to replace my pc. As these things are not cheap ,how do you feel it would handle T:ane.

Specs
Lenovo Yoga2 Pro 59409372 13.3" QHD+ (3200x1800) Multi Touch Screen Ultrabook i7-4500U 8GB 512GB SSD Up to 8 Hours Battery Life Bluetooth 4.0 Clementine Orange - Brand N
New Sealed In Box

PRODUCT FEATURES
Processor - 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4500U (1.80GHz 1600MHz 4MB)
Operating System - Windows 8.1 64
Memory - 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
Graphics Card - Intel HD Graphics 4400
Hard Drive - 512GB SSD
DETAILEDSPECIFICATIONS

Processor
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4500U Processor (1.80GHz 1600MHz 4MB)
Operating system
Windows 8.1 64
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 4400
Memory
8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
Display
13.3" QHD+ LED Glossy Multi-touch with integrated camera (3200x1800)
Pointing device
Industry Standard Multi-touch 2 button touchpad
Hard Drive
512GB SSD
Battery
4 Cell 54 Watt Hour Lithium-Ion
Network Card
Intel® Wireless-N 7260 (802.11bgn)
Bluetooth
Bluetooth Version 4.0

It is the intergrated graphics that i am concerned about. Also the lower spec convertable i have now gets quite warm just doing normal office work especially in tablet mode. Therefore does anyone with any knowledge regarding these recently brought in laptop convertibles feel that the two forgoing points would be a problem when using software such as T:ane.

With thanks in advance for any replies.
Bill
Posted from plymouth to Bristol hst cross country service.

Last edited:
I would think not as well since this is an Intel graphics-based machine. The overall specs are nice, however, the graphics will not work since the Intel chip is not generally supported well for games. One of the biggest problems is that it is built-in graphics which uses a hunk of the system memory for its own use. The chipset also doesn't support Open/GL very well and the overall performance is just poor. It's great for watching videos and playing light games, but when it comes to graphics and CPU you need all the horsepower and compatibility you can get.

John

Back