Need some help converting TRS2004 map to a more recent format can import into T:ANE

MSGSapper

Trainz route developer
Unfortunately I no longer have the capability to convert TRS2004 maps into something I can import into T:ANE.

Can someone please help me by converting the following TRS2004 DEM map on the DLS to a TRS2010 or later format and then re-upload it to the DLS where I can then download and use it:

https://www.auran.com/DLS/DLS_downloadasset.php?DownloadID=59342

T:ANE cannot import TRS2004 maps and display them in Surveyor. Attempting to do so just ends up with a big blank map you cannot see.

FYI I am considering doing a new layout/route based on the Duluth, Missabe and Iron Range (Iron Range Division) centered on the Two Harbors area. The old DEM based shown at the URL address above references would seem to be just what I need.

My thanks in advance to those who can help me with this...

Bob

It's actually quite easy, just rename all the files in the route from whatever they are to mapfile.gnd mapfile.trk and so on.

So and yes I've tested it hibling.gnd becomes mapfile.gnd and so on, loads in TANE with Tiger lines.

Probably need to add a region and kuid number for water which are usually missing from the config.

edit: You can do this in TANE after importing it.

It's actually quite easy, just rename all the files in the route from whatever they are to mapfile.gnd mapfile.trk and so on.
So and yes I've tested it hibling.gnd becomes mapfile.gnd and so on, loads in TANE with Tiger lines. Probably need to add a region and kuid number for water which are usually missing from the config. edit: You can do this in TANE after importing it.

OK and thanks! I'll give that a try tomorrow...

Bob

So and yes I've tested it hibling.gnd becomes mapfile.gnd and so on, loads in TANE with Tiger lines. Probably need to add a region and kuid number for water which are usually missing from the config. edit: You can do this in TANE after importing it.

Using the information you provided I was able to load the map into T:ANE (Build 82826) and view it. The only problem is that none of the hog textures for rail, roads, etc shows in the Surveyor view.

FYI I made sure that I had downloaded all the hog textures from the DLS and had them installed in T:ANE. I also did as you said and added the water and region kuids to the config.txt file.

I even tried saving the route as a new route in T:ANE 4.3 format but still did not see the textures on the map in Surveyor.

If you are seeing them and I am not perhaps I have done something wrong or missed something here?

Thanks for any help you can provide me here on this....

Bob

G'day Bob, Just a shot in the dark, but could it be the same issue as normal ground textures not showing up. They need to be fixed to the tane standard, I have had to fix dozens of the ground textures. here is an example of the fix:-

Try this for three textures into the beach

<kuid:178941:1010> beach sand 3
modify into the config.txt from .tga to
texture "beach sand 3.texture"
normal-texture "beach sand 3 normal.texture"

Add two files into the editing object
beach sand 3 normal.texture.txt
with

Code:
Primary=beach sand 3 normal.tga
Tile=st
NormalMapHint=normalmap
and

beach sand 3.texture.txt
with

Primary=beach sand 3.tga
Tile=st

You probably know the above but thought I would include it just in case as the textures themselves don't show up as in error the just don't work.
Regards
Barrie

Using the information you provided I was able to load the map into T:ANE (Build 82826) and view it. The only problem is that none of the hog textures for rail, roads, etc shows in the Surveyor view.

FYI I made sure that I had downloaded all the hog textures from the DLS and had them installed in T:ANE. I also did as you said and added the water and region kuids to the config.txt file.

I even tried saving the route as a new route in T:ANE 4.3 format but still did not see the textures on the map in Surveyor.

If you are seeing them and I am not perhaps I have done something wrong or missed something here?

Thanks for any help you can provide me here on this....

Bob

Just need to open the hog textures and run the .texture through images2tga to create the texture.txt and tga and submit, they will work then still at build 1.3 only need the ones that are used doing.

<kuid:9:21054> hog54
<kuid:9:21064> hog64
<kuid:9:21065> hog65
<kuid:9:21067> hog67
<kuid:9:21068> hog68

Last edited:
G'day Bob, Just a shot in the dark, but could it be the same issue as normal ground textures not showing up. They need to be fixed to the tane standard, I have had to fix dozens of the ground textures. You probably know the above but thought I would include it just in case as the textures themselves don't show up as in error the just don't work. Regards Barrie

After I posted my reply here I figured out that the problem was the antiquated HOG build 1.3 textures as you indicated above. I fixed the problem ones used by fishlipsatwork's HIBBING map and brought them to build 3.7 standards and as a result they now show on the map properly. Thanks for the reply and help!

Bob

Back