need help with downloads

madman14

hi wen i download content from the download station it dosent seem to go into the game btw i have trs2004

thx

hi wen i download content from the download station it dosent seem to go into the game btw i have trs2004

thx
Content you download in the form of CDP files has to be installed. Go to the folder where you saved the downloaded fles, doubleclick on them and ContentDispatcher should start and install them. Then you will see the object(s) in Trainz. If you don't already have TrainzObjects, run don't walk and get it. It is an amazing program to manage all your Trainz object, error check, rename, replace in a route etc. You can get it here http://www.trainzobjectz.co.uk/

thx

A few questions come to mind.

1) Are you running TRS2004 build 23xx version 2.4?

2) Some items from the DLS requires PaintShed as a dependency. Have you downloaded it, installed it, created an item with it, and have saved it?

3) Have you also checked the map for missing dependencies with a Program called TrainzObjectz?

4) Do you have a KUID of the item that you are having problems with?

HTH

Dave

If you download using "Download Helper" it puts the files in the correct place for you.
I always use this method, rather than "Direct FTP".

ya i use download helper. like wen i download a layout the map dosent shop just objects in the suryayor and how do i find out my version

thx

When you launch the game it can be found in the bottom right hand corner.

HTH

Dave

ya i use download helper. like wen i download a layout the map dosent shop just objects in the suryayor and how do i find out my version

thx

1. The reason your addons downloaded via FTP don't show up is they are not commited. That means they are Open For Edit. Go to TO and commit them.

2. Startup TRS2004. When you get to the main screen (The one that shows Surveyor, Railyard, Driver, Scenarios, and Trainz Exchange), look at the lower right-hand corner.

How do you commit stuff with TO Moojgoo? (I've used TO but never seen a commit button before)

What you are describing is for TRS2006 not TRS2004.

Dave

Back