Need help starting a mutiplayer route.

Zeldaboy14

Owner of ZPW.
So I've been working on a mutiplayer route for Trainz 2012, and I made the map in Trainz 2006, then exported it from a old Windows XP where the map was on to the Windows 7, where trainz 2012 is. I updated it for Trainz 2012 via CCp, then went to go and try to start the mutiplayer session, and it gives me an error. Do I need to upload the map to the DLS, or what? I already downloaded the missing dependencies for the map in Trainz 2012 CMP, so that's taken care of. :confused:
Please, someone help.

For a multiplayer route/session to work, both must either be built-in or on the Download Station (although if it's a session of a pre-existing route by another author, the route may already be built-in or on the Download Station - check this first, as it's not a good idea to upload the route if it's not yours). In addition to this, all dependencies must also be either built-in or on the Download Station.

Shane

A route does not make something multiplayer or not. A session does.
In order to make a route fitting for multiplayer, it needs to use only DLS or built-in assets.

For most if not all Q&A, ...:

I advise you to not waste time on making yet another route+session for multiplayer until you have played multiplayer a bunch of times and get a feel for what does or does not work. There are already a lot of good sessions out there :).

I already have a session, but it won't work, and i used Built in stuff from 2006. And they are installed into Trainz 2012 after i downloaded them using the download helper

I already have a session, but it won't work, and i used Built in stuff from 2006. And they are installed into Trainz 2012 after i downloaded them using the download helper

Not all built in content in 06 is on the DLS. Every thing on both the route and the session must be built in to TRS12 or on the DLS. This includes your rotue and session. This means you must upload your route and session and wait for them to be on the DLS before you can play them.

Exactly. The route and session must be created in TS12 to ensure that all its dependencies are built-in or on the DLS. It is highly recommended to use the latest build of TS12 (SP1+HF3), as several of the built-in assets have been replaced (not obsoleted) with new KUIDs.

Did you not see the post about if i should upgrade to SP1 and the 3 hotfixes. i said i'm staying with the same build.

Nothing wrong with MINS in multiplay as long as they are set up correctly and produce/consume at an appropriate rate. Very often the reason why A Client can,t load a product at a MIN is caused by a bug in Multiplay which won,t allow you to load a product although you can unload it. I find a Route without MINS or any other type of Industry rather pointless.

Nothing wrong with MINS in multiplay as long as they are set up correctly and produce/consume at an appropriate rate. Very often the reason why A Client can,t load a product at a MIN is caused by a bug in Multiplay which won,t allow you to load a product although you can unload it. I find a Route without MINS or any other type of Industry rather pointless.

Seams a bit off topic there Colour seeing as this was about content, not industry types. If you're referring to my signature then yes, I will not put MIN's on my personal use routes. But this is a conversation for another topic, not this one.

Yah, and I still haven't uploaded the route because I'm still testing stuff for which trains work best with the route!

Yah, and I still haven't uploaded the route because I'm still testing stuff for which trains work best with the route!

The I recommend removing the multiplayer rule right up until you are ready to upload the route. Because as we have said, you will not be able to do multiplayer until the route and session are uploaded.

Will I think that you test your route as much as you can, Then up load it without the MP rule and let others test it and see what kind of respond you get
before up loading as a MP.
Because most people with 49922 don't play MP.
Until you upgrade to 58414 you may have a few people join that is if your route is worth playing.
Lot of industries, large yards, not to long runs from one town to another.
Route should be about 75 miles long.

ok, good idea. I'm just testing out a lost model... And i am going to expand the route once I get the V2.0 one done. And maybe, if I want to, I'll build a Mid Sodor part.

Back