My WIP

Accipiter777

I've been working on and off for a year or so on a fully AI hump yard. with exception to sorting in the Classification yard, It is operating nicely. Its a busy yard with consists rolling in, out or around the yard every 15 minutes or so. The route incorporates elements that are in my area. Allentown Hump yard, Strasburg Railroad, Reading & Northern. Scenery's include a park system that lies between the yard and a river, (like in Allentown), a steam excursion (Strasburg), and a coal run (Reading and Northern). I also have my own "Horseshoe curve". At one time I was a Fire Fighter, So I tossed in a Fire company complete with a fundraiser carnival, as many in my area do. There are small towns, and heavy forest, and an abandoned steel mill (Bethleham Steel). The yard works as follows:

1 Train arrives at either South or North Receiving.
2 Selects the first availible track in the yard, (If the track is number 9 or 10
Then the yard limit is reached and the train leaves to a portal)
3 Engine uncouples and goes to the yard office where it randomly selects its
departing orders. (Depart North, south, east, or west)
4 Engine goes an area that it set up as a queue, and waits till the
departing yard has a consist ready.
5 After the engine has decoupled his consist (as stated in #3), the hump
engine and slug collect a consist out of the receiving yard, and send
it over the hump. (Cars are uncoupled by carriage type at a max of
Three allowed at a time).
6 After completing, the hump engine goes to his staging area, while another
shunter moves the consist from the classification yard to the departure
yard
7 When the shunter uncouples in the departure yard, the first engine in the
queue mentioned earlier, gets that consist and follows the departure
schedule received at the office.

All these elements function without "Cornfield meets", or any problem as I have tested this for week long periods. All I really need it to have the AI sort the cars either randomly or by carriage type into the classification yard and get the depart shunter, to go into the yard when a track has reached its limit, get that consist, and move it out.

Back