My stuff.

SuperFudd

Hi all,

I have several layouts and one loco on the DLS, They have been there for at least a couple of years. I just noticed the rate of downloads is way down in the last 4 months so I am promoting them with this post.

The first layout is Elko and Lincoln in three versions, 1.3, TRS2004 and TC1-2. This is the Trainz version of a 5.5 by 10 foot N Scale layout I once had in my garage. By expanding it to fill a base board I was able to have longer straights and broader curves as well as room for more sidings. By the way, one base board in N Scale would fill the average two car garage wall to wall.

My next layout is Gore & Daphitid Line, a major rework of an earlier version of the famous HO layout that I found on the DLS.

Next is a major rework of an incomplete Trainz layout I aquired from a friend. Mangonia RR ver 1-1. I expected he would finish his version eventually. I am still waiting, Leberez. :eek: It is quite large and is bassed on a route along the south shore of the Med, (perhaps Libya or Algeria?) and a route in the Alps. Yeah, strange.

My second layout from scratch is my Niles & Hinton RR. I found a map with photos of the Hinton, West Virginia yard in Model Railroader and decided to do it in Trainz but I needed more to make a layout. I had played with the idea of doing Niles Canyon in the San Francisco area East Bay occupied by Alameda Creek, Califonia State route 84, the Southern Pacific and Western Pacific railroads so I used a compressed version of this to complete the layout. I also added a fictional spur line.

I had discovered the Winchester something or ever (RR?) on the DLS and decided to merge it with my Niles and Hinton creating the Niles, Hinton and Winchester 06 after doing some major rework. I love it. You may also.

My only loco on the DLS is a Paint Shed Western Pacific SW7. Yeah WP had no SW7s but, if they did...
I have also Paint Sheded WP GP35s and F7s, and caboses. I tried uploading them and failed so I lost interest in trying.

You may have noticed I am currently (still) working on my first and last "route". It is Stockton to Milpitas California via the Southern Pacific and Western Pacific railroads via Niles Canyon circa 1962. I had to try a route just to see if my suspicions that routes were not as fun as layouts per hour were right. They are.:D

All of my layouts/route use only built in content. The rare exception to this statement can easily be ignored. They all work great in TS2009 compatability mode and with only minor visual oddities in natve mode. There is no problem with the SW7 in native mode.

Try them. You may like them.:wave:

Last edited:
I have several layouts and one loco on the DLS, They have been there for at least a couple of years. I just noticed the rate of downloads is way down in the last 4 months

This is something that will happen to all assets/layouts from "a couple of years ago" as they are probably not Trainz 2010 Native mode compatible. Perhaps its time for the creator to update them :)

Generaly true, however mine work fine in TS2009 compatable mode and not bad in Native. If one insists on native mode, it would only take a minor rework.
There is no problem with the Paint Sheded WP SW7.

OK. My Mangonia may never be finished.. because I always add something. But if you see it now, you'll be amazed. No intentions of uploading it myself, I can send it to you and again, you do it. Let me know how..

Hi Ramiro (llebrez),

Sorry about the late reply. I hope you get to see this. Work has me very busy.
I wasn't certain how to respond to your offer. As much I want to see what you have done, I still only use built in stuff on my layouts ( except rolling stock)and to try your latest Mangonia properly I would have to contaminate my built in stuff with 3rd party stuff. It is too difficult to keep them seperated, short of another install of TS2009, and that might cause problems for all I know.

Back