Moving Install issues

BNSF650

*Got BN Payware*
Guys,

I have moved this install from my C drive to my E drive and install a lot of stuff last night but now its back to my C drive and i don't the stuff i install last night now.

What do i need to do to make sure when i change this file location to my E drive it stays ??

Trainz installs two folders, one at the location you ask it to and a second on your C drive. Your E drive has the launch info and C drive the content info.

Find the build folder at the location in your settings/install. Copy the build folder only to a new location and change the path in settings/install to its new location. If all works fine delete only the original build folder from the C drive.

Or.. to say it another way. The app is likely on your C: drive and you need to point the content to where-ever you wish. It sounds like you wanted the content on your E drive. Go to Trains Settings, INSTALL, and look at your Local Data Folder path. Is it setting to what you wanted? If not click the 3 dot button and point it to where you want the DATA to go. (You must first create a folder with the name you prefer - Like "TRS-19 Content".

If you did install a new Content (data) folder somewhere then locate it, move it to where you want it, point the Local Data Folder path to it. Then restart the app.

If you need to locate your content folder it should have a "packages" folder in if if you need to search and find it. But your Local Data Folder path should be pointing to it.

Back