More frustrations

I suggest submitting a bug report with a link to install your route and session. We can then take a look at what is happening. Or get someone else to look at it. I suspect it's less to do with layers and more to do with which data is saved in the session you are running and how things are being edited.

With all these things, it's a case of figuring out what's different. If a test route works, why doesn't the session you're trying work?

For the deleted sessions, perhaps you have more items selected in CM than your though when you asked the system to delete. It's pretty much impossible for the system to randomly pick a couple of sessions and delete them. You could possibly check in your backups folder and you'll see which items were deleted.

Seems like there was a thread a while back about some change in the way sessions were saved. Saves of running sessions were somehow overwriting default sessions and such. I looked for it briefly here but did not find it, but I do remember the thread.

Well, let me go back and explain all that happened yesterday. Maybe somebody can make sense of it all. Like I said, I spent half a day Friday and all day yesterday inserting Trackmarks all across my route, and placing them in all my AI trains instructions. Worked very diligently and carefully, trying hard not to make any mistakes on track maker placement and inserting the "Navigate Via Trackmark..." instructions to my AI Trains. I even drew a map of the route, showing all stations, towns, industries, etc.

Well I finally finished with all that work and went to drive the session. The trackmarks didn't seem to help much; AI Trains would go right over the trackmark but the trackmark wouldn't delete from the AI's instruction list. This didn't happen all the time. Some trackmarks would delete and the AI instructions would show the next trackmark or industry, ststion, etc. down the line.

I saved my work a bunch of times. When I finally closed the session and went to the session/route menu, I decided to delete some older sessions since I knew I wouldn't be using them. I began to delet the old saves, then suddenly, the whole two days worth of sessions just vanished and I was left with the original three sessions from a month back. What happened? Why did it delete a bunch of sessions all at once? I blame that dang Layers crap. They have caused me so much grief ever since they were introduced. I was working in the route/session using the edit in classic surveyor mode when adding a trackmark, and editing in Driver (when I wanted to add a trackmark instruction to the AI Train, since you can't add/remove instructions in the Edit Session tab anymore).

AI Trains are my whole world in Trainz. My joy is sitting in the conductor's chair and watching the scenery go by. I'm not much into driving the trains by myself. But if the AI Trains don't work like they're supposed to, I get very frustrated and discouraged. That ruins my love of the game.

See you guys in American Truck Simulator!

Dave Snow

i would suggest submitting a bug report. The trains stopping and refusing to move is a verifiable bug. It happens to me also on your Alma Valley route - the version on the DLS. This issue only started for me with one of the previous builds. Same issue occurs in TRS2022.

Great route with wonderful scenery.

Here's a good example.... The light just ahead is GREEN and says line ahead is clear. I click on the navigation instructions, which are definitely CORRECT, and the "Continue Schedule" tab, but the train won't move.

I click on "Details" but there is no information there that would tell me why the train won't move.

The train will not move no matter what I do. And I have several more AI trains on the route that are doing the same thing.

It's a mystery to me....

Some things that may help:
- View details does not provide AI messages - these are found in the bottom left corner of the UI. Do any messages appear there?
- Your images don't show the commands so we don't know what command the driver is attempting.
- Is this from a save game or did the train stop in this position?
- If you insert a "wait 5 seconds command", then click Continue Schedule, does the wait command get executed?

As above - a bug report may go a long way to helping resolve the problems.

Here's a good example.... The light just ahead is GREEN and says line ahead is clear. I click on the navigation instructions, which are definitely CORRECT, and the "Continue Schedule" tab, but the train won't move.

I click on "Details" but there is no information there that would tell me why the train won't move.

The train will not move no matter what I do. And I have several more AI trains on the route that are doing the same thing.

It's a mystery to me....

I've had this issue, a 5 second wait command before everything else should work.

So it is - I use the "Show Message History" option bottom left which gives you access to all the messages from all the drivers in one place.

In this case, the message is telling you another train has the claimed access to the track. To find that train, if there is a red signal in front, click on the signal to be taken to the obstruction.

In this case, the message is telling you another train has the claimed access to the track. To find that train, if there is a red signal in front, click on the signal to be taken to the obstruction.

That's just it. There is no signal in front of the locomotive to click on. The first signal in front of the train is a half a mile away.

Just when I thought I had everything cleared up, and all the A.I. Trains were behaving correctly, I find some who go right over a "Navigate To" Marker but don't pick it up. Why does that happen? The instructions are crystal clear....

Most likely answer is that while you can "see" the trackmark, the AI, for some reason, either thinks the trackmark is somewhere else or possibly isn't aware of it at all. This could occur due to a bug when streaming in the track data (which is required for the trackmark data).

As I've said above, the best thing to do is to submit a bug report with a link to the route and content so that we can run the same tests and work out what's going wrong.

Most likely answer is that while you can "see" the trackmark, the AI, for some reason, either thinks the trackmark is somewhere else or possibly isn't aware of it at all. This could occur due to a bug when streaming in the track data (which is required for the trackmark data).

As I've said above, the best thing to do is to submit a bug report with a link to the route and content so that we can run the same tests and work out what's going wrong.

Submitting a bug report is too confusing for me. I'm not sure what to do.

It happens to some AI trains but not all. In the latest session, the Logging Train, for instance, passes right over Marker A3, A4, and A5 and just continues on around the route.

This is a link to the CDP's where the problem happens.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AukwPy9C7K9SpyBA0dBzcvLZeE78?e=vTaq3i

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks - it is mostly working but these assets are missing. If you copy paste this list into the KUID filter then create a .cdp we'll be able to check out the full session.
<kuid2:69038:27115:3>,<kuid:124863:100027>,<kuid:101046:102075>,<kuid2:69038:27111:3>,<kuid:523903:1226>,<kuid:68787:100354>,<kuid:124863:100030>,<kuid2:72938:44200:1>,<kuid2:68787:2216:2>,<kuid:514708:149>,<kuid:370528:1232>,<kuid2:45324:6605:1>

Last edited:
Thanks - it is mostly working but these assets are missing. If you copy paste this list into the KUID filter then create a .cdp we'll be able to check out the full session.
<kuid2:69038:27115:3>,<kuid:124863:100027>,<kuid:101046:102075>,<kuid2:69038:27111:3>,<kuid:523903:1226>,<kuid:68787:100354>,<kuid:124863:100030>,<kuid2:72938:44200:1>,<kuid2:68787:2216:2>,<kuid:514708:149>,<kuid:370528:1232>,<kuid2:45324:6605:1>

Here they are. Check out the Logging Train (NOT Logging Train 2). It is just going all around the route not picking up any track marks. I don't even know where it's going.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AukwPy9C7K9SpyRwAaQeybTPRr77?e=sfKmPb

Here they are. Check out the Logging Train (NOT Logging Train 2). It is just going all around the route not picking up any track marks. I don't even know where it's going.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AukwPy9C7K9SpyRwAaQeybTPRr77?e=sfKmPb

I find this happens if a train passes through a trackmark “undetected by the AI”. The train then just wanders around the route following a path where the open switches take it.

Hopefully your route will provide some clues to N3V to figure out the “missing trackmark” issues some of us experience.

I find this happens if a train passes through a trackmark “undetected by the AI”. The train then just wanders around the route following a path where the open switches take it.

That's what's happening on SOME of the A.I. Trains---- but not all. I hope N3V will fix this issue.

I have created two short sessions in TANE with trackmarks followed by an html time limited message window and in both sessions they work correctly in TANE and in the TRS19 SP4 release. Now in the SP5 hotfix release some of the trackmaks are ignored but some are found.
This is true with both AI and player driven trains. There are specific locations where it is 100% repeatable and a couple in the player driven version of the session that work sometimes but not others.

I have found that in the latest version of TRS19 if I open the session for edit and then select the check trackside that is intended to let the message display I have to delete the trackmark name and then add it back in and save the session it all works as it should. The version of the check trackside and time limited html assets are the same in both TANE and TRS19 This ability to NOT recognise the trackmarks is definitely an introduced bug and is repeatable.

Back